Incubator build

Hey guys we should set up a homemade bator thread with pics and items used!!

I'm making my first polystyrene bator. I'm stuck on the bulb watt though? And it's a still air type. Can anyone help with the wattage please!!! 60w too high I'm sure. 40w ok? My novital 7 is 40w but has a thermostat so goes on and off where as te poly box will just be a light. Would a 25w be better? Help I wanna get making and setting!!!

Hey guys we should set up a homemade bator thread with pics and items used!!

I'm making my first polystyrene bator. I'm stuck on the bulb watt though? And it's a still air type. Can anyone help with the wattage please!!! 60w too high I'm sure. 40w ok? My novital 7 is 40w but has a thermostat so goes on and off where as te poly box will just be a light. Would a 25w be better? Help I wanna get making and setting!!
Recently I made my own bator from styrofoam box an incukit DC also mede my own turner, and will make another one but this time I'm not gonna use the incukit(pretty expensive) I'm going to use digital thermostat from eBay, a silicone resistance and AC PC fan(so.. no transformer) This will be my hatcher.

Here is, mostly recycled materials except incukit.

So first test of the polybox bator. The 60w red bulb is too much so going to get a 40w tomorrow. I was wondering where should I put vent holes and how many?

I put 4 holes in one side an 2 in the other side. Here is a pic Can you see where they are? 4 are on the side of the LCD display, 2 of them are plugged with aluminum foil.

I just built my first bator box,im so exited with the way it turned out ,cant wait to put in my eggs im just waiting for temp to be just right for a few days,i just love,,tring new things,
\

how do you tell what the humidity is in the incubator,i have a thermometer but i don't see any where it says humidity ?
idunno.gif

So first test of the polybox bator. The 60w red bulb is too much so going to get a 40w tomorrow. I was wondering where should I put vent holes and how many?
I have a 60 wat bulb in mine. It has a dimmer switch attached. A smaller wat bulb wouldn`t tolerate being turned up and down.

Back
Top Bottom