Incubator For Me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken boy sam, Aug 8, 2010.

1. chicken boy sam

chicken boy sam Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    I would like an incubator that's:
    Easy to put together
    Small
    Holds 6-12 Eggs
    Under $100
    Auto-Turning
    Good Reviews

*****NOT the Hova-Bator***** (Too Big)
    Any Ideas?

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

may I suggest home made?

I read in US it'll be easy to find bator equipment in affordable price. [​IMG]

3. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    No, not homemade....too much work and I just made one to fit one egg.........so I can't use it cuz it's too small.

4. wsdareme

wsdareme Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    That price range is going to be tough if you want it to include egg turning...

I have the Brinsea Mini Advance. It has automatic egg turning and holds up to 7 large chicken eggs. The web special price on the Brinsea site is $119.99. The Mini Eco has manual egg turning and holds up to 10 large chicken eggs -- it's only $64.99.

I love the Brinsea Mini Advance -- small, tabletop-sized, great viewing. They have automatic temperature control and a fan.

Good luck with your search. [​IMG]

5. chicken boy sam

Dec 21, 2009
    Sounds good....maybe I'll check ebay [​IMG]

6. chuck12

chuck12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2008
    Indiana
    you can pick up a used bator on ebay in that price range that will work fine.

7. EastinChickens

EastinChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    Michigan
    I picked up my Little Giant still air with an auto turner at Tractor Supply for around $80. The problem is it can hold up to 42 eggs...

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I have the exact same incubator mentioned by wsdareme: Brinsea Mini Advance. JUST completed my very first ever incubation/hatch yesterday, as a matter of fact. I bought mine when it was on sale for $99.99 but it would still be a good deal at the current sale price of $119.99. That auto turner was important to me!!

I like the fact that it only holds 7 chicken eggs so I don't go hog-wild nuts and try to hatch 20 some chickens!

Don't laugh, but I might buy a second one, so I can have staggered hatches and still let the digital controls handle everything.
    [​IMG]

9. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Quote:thats is classic! To funny LMAO. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by