Incubator/hatching related questions

I just set my first ever run of quail eggs in my incubator. 24 eggs. So I might be bugging ya'll for the next 18 days! Wish me luck!

@Fat Daddy thanks for the link to the other thread! It was very informative!

Last edited:
You can also use helium to put a creature down, but I realize most people probably don't have this just lying around. You can get it at places like Party City (actual tanks) and I heard Wal-Mart carries it in some stores. I find that the helium method is better for smaller animals since you can just put the animal in a small bag and pump helium in with a tube. It's supposedly absolutely painless and it is quick, if done correctly. The animal simply falls asleep (forever). It doesn't require a "hands-on" method, if a person doesn't feel comfortable with "hands-on."
Sorry about that little guy! :(

On a lighter note, congrats on what I'd consider a pretty darn good hatch! You've got some cute babies!! Remember: most of us feed off of pictures, especially baby pictures! lol ;) No pressure though!

I just set my first ever run of quail eggs in my incubator. 24 eggs. So I might be bugging ya'll for the next 18 days! Wish me luck!

@Fat Daddy thanks for the link to the other thread! It was very informative!

I've been learning from these folks along my way, too. They've been absolutely invaluable!! I know everyone here will be pleased to answer any of your questions.
Oh, and here's your first GOOD LUCK!

Thanks for the tips, guys. Its done. I still have about 20 eggs unhatched. Not sure if any others will hatch.
30% hatch rate so far is not that bad for newbie. =)

I've been learning from these folks along my way, too.  They've been absolutely invaluable!!  I know everyone here will be pleased to answer any of your questions.
Oh, and here's your first GOOD LUCK!

Thank you, thank you! This will be my third hatch total. I have ducks hatching out this weekend. My very first duck hatch only had 4 babies:-/ I'm hopeful that this weekends hatch will be much better and that I get at least half of my quail. :fl

Thank you, thank you! This will be my third hatch total. I have ducks hatching out this weekend. My very first duck hatch only had 4 babies:-/ I'm hopeful that this weekends hatch will be much better and that I get at least half of my quail.
fl.gif

Keep us posted on your hatch!!
What breed of quail are you hatching?

I have another question, what's the difference between a still air and a circulated air incubator?
Reason being, I was considering buying a still air one to use for lock down days.... Thoughts? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom