incubator help again.. :/

yeah.. I have read almost the entire forum on the pro's and con's of different incubation. my incubator does not have a model number that I can see... it is the little Giant 9300 stull ari incubator, 10300 circulated air incubator, 7300 heated with air circulating fan kit, 6300 automatic egg turner. that is all I can find on it.
Those are all different bators. Does it have a fan? Got a pic?

I read the whole post and now I am more confused. :/   everyone is saying something different..     I am about to just give up and buy them from the feed store..   just thought it would be fun to hatch them myself since I have a pain in the rear rooster and all..   :/

Incubating can be frustrating but so rewarding.

This what seems to work for me.

Dry incubate 25 to 35 percent humidity for 18 days.

Raise humidity to 65 to 75 for hatch.

Don't trust humidity gauge on incubator most are always wrong.

Always double check incubator thermometer with an accurate thermometer. Brinsea spot check is what I use for a secondary check. It is accurate to .1 degree.

There is a lot of trial and error involved.

What works good for me or anyone else might or might not work for your situation. These are methods that have worked.

Just try a method if it works repeat it. If it doesn't just adjust it a little and try again.

I've had great hatches and awful ones. But I can't explain the joy of hatching.

Especially your own eggs.

Hatching is supposed to be fun.

It is addicting I now have 4 incubators.

Don't get overwhelmed and give up just yet.

Incubating can be frustrating but so rewarding.

This what seems to work for me.

Dry incubate 25 to 35 percent humidity for 18 days.

Raise humidity to 65 to 75 for hatch.

Don't trust humidity gauge on incubator most are always wrong.

Always double check incubator thermometer with an accurate thermometer. Brinsea spot check is what I use for a secondary check. It is accurate to .1 degree.

There is a lot of trial and error involved.

What works good for me or anyone else might or might not work for your situation. These are methods that have worked.

Just try a method if it works repeat it. If it doesn't just adjust it a little and try again.

I've had great hatches and awful ones. But I can't explain the joy of hatching.

Especially your own eggs.

Hatching is supposed to be fun.

It is addicting I now have 4 incubators.

Don't get overwhelmed and give up just yet.
I will give that a try on my next few... I only have 8 hens laying and 3 I have to keep away from the rooster because he is such a heavy bird and they are smaller so he hurts them... but I think this batch is gone... no movement, or sound... they have been in the hatchery for almost a week now no bad smells yet though.

I just bought one of these.

Haven't used it yet.

Was Gonna set it up next week.

I will turm it on tonight get temp stable and check with secondary thermo. To see accurate the one on the incubator is.

I just bought one of these.

Haven't used it yet.

Was Gonna set it up next week.

I will turm it on tonight get temp stable and check with secondary thermo. To see accurate the one on the incubator is.
Good luck tell me how it goes..

Back
Top Bottom