Incubator kits

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crazzzymike13, Apr 6, 2008.

1. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    I've been wanting to get a large sportsman incubator. But they cost too much and I am too cheap. I was going to ask if anyone knew of a site or a place to get a incubator kit. One that I can put together myself. I hate them dang foam one's. Let me know of any sites or something that can tell me how to build a big one. Thank you.

Mike

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  3. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Echostat, in the UK, sells kits and plans. Well they did. You'd have to ask them about shipping.

On the other hand, making an incubator from plans and advice here is easy and fun.

4. crazzzymike13

crazzzymike13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2007
    Texas
    I'm from The USA. Please help a brotha out. I'm waaaaay too cheap to buy one of those $500.00 ones.

Mike

5. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:Me too, now [​IMG]

Ok, search the forums with the term *homemade incubator*, without the asterisks.

That should keep you in ideas for a while [​IMG]

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    LOL I'm with ya!

Figured if I bought every darn piece of those incubator parts and slap on some wood frames, it would come out almost about 100 dollar difference depending how you want it done and set up etc.

I surf the Ebay for old incubators and scrap it for parts if they would just send me the parts and not the box. However I have not yet seen one yet.

Shipping from UK is pretty expensive!

7. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

check out missprissys homemade incubators! she has 2 diffrent styles and they are REALLY inexpensive to make and very afective.. aron also has one too. you can find her on BYC.

8. K&H Chicken Farm

K&H Chicken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Redding CA
    Sunny Creek Farms sells used hatchers and parts to make one.

Juct google " Sunny Creek Farm & Hatchery"

From sportsman all the way up to 1000's of eggs at a time.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    if you're willing you can cobble together enough 'stuff' and build a bator any size you want. Think it through and make sure your heat source is going to be big enough to maintain the heat in the box you use/build.

10. jrtpro

jrtpro Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2008
    Milan, GA
    If some one will give me the dimensions of everything for the sportsman I will draw up some plans on Cad. I think we could build one for around $150.00- $175.00+ turner. make some improvements also. Just give me some ideas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by