Incubator loaded for First Time

Sounds like I need to check out your post about your PVC pens agains. When I get some time I will have to work on making one for them to try out.
I can’t say enough good things about a simple square pen held together with zip ties. Haha

I woke up to 7 new chicks in the incubator, and one who was stuck in his shell, I helped him out, he was only stuck on the side of his leg, so no feathers lost this time.

I’m officially up to 23 I believe. There’s currently 21 in the brooder. I have a lot of color and pattern variety. I have several shades of pharaoh, from very dark to very light. Mostly some type of tux or messy tux. I have a wild pattern that falls somewhere between Egyptian and Rosetta, and I have several Rosetta and Rosetta tuxes, but I also have Tibetans which I didn’t have before! People often ask about the difference between Rosetta and Tibetan, so I’ll do a side by side once they all hatch. The Tibetans have very black legs.

I put up my ads online yesterday when they started popping, hopefully I’ll sell some, because it looks like I’ll have over 30!

Wow, so glad to hear your hatch is going well. Sooo many different colors, it's cool you get to add a new variety too if you keep one of the Tibetans. I hope you sell lots, I've noticed the quail ads in my area slow down. However I really only check Craigslist with the other sites occasionally. I've been tempted to post an ad for some eggs but just don't have a ton and I'm a little nervous about liability (sounds silly probably).
The weekend always seems to be the best time to sell stuff online.

Wow, so glad to hear your hatch is going well. Sooo many different colors, it's cool you get to add a new variety too if you keep one of the Tibetans. I hope you sell lots, I've noticed the quail ads in my area slow down. However I really only check Craigslist with the other sites occasionally. I've been tempted to post an ad for some eggs but just don't have a ton and I'm a little nervous about liability (sounds silly probably).
The weekend always seems to be the best time to sell stuff online.
I’ve bought off CL before but never sold. I got up this morning and posted again. I’ll probably do it again later, and then before bed. There are no other celadon ads in my area that I can find, and I feel $20 for 12 is very cheap for day old celadons. So I’ll see how it goes. If I can’t sell them, we will process the males and maybe keep some hens, I do plan to keep a Tibetan or 2, and maybe one or 2 others. I have the Myshire order placed, I’m pretty excited for them, so I can’t keep many of these guys, and I’ll be processing a few of my almost 7 week old males this week. I was really hoping to sell some of these guys to kind of balance out what I spent on Myshire haha

I've sold off of Craigslist and it's just like any other site. Plenty of serious people and plenty of bull lol. $20 for a dozen is about what they sell for in my area. I feel like I see them for $1.50-2 for day to weekolds. Typically they list them as a mix but there is one person localish they sells Celadon birds. I always bought adult birds and have gotten them for a range of prices. I bought some 5 week males that were supposed to be a mix of sexes lol for 24 for $40. Those I bought really just to process though. My Jumbo's were 3 weeks old and 15 hens and 9 males were $90. The Celadons were $3 each since they couldn't be sexed. I see eggs both eating and hatching range from $3-5. Those are the prices that I have found here in Maryland, of course I've only been watching for the past few months.

I've sold off of Craigslist and it's just like any other site. Plenty of serious people and plenty of bull lol. $20 for a dozen is about what they sell for in my area. I feel like I see them for $1.50-2 for day to weekolds. Typically they list them as a mix but there is one person localish they sells Celadon birds. I always bought adult birds and have gotten them for a range of prices. I bought some 5 week males that were supposed to be a mix of sexes lol for 24 for $40. Those I bought really just to process though. My Jumbo's were 3 weeks old and 15 hens and 9 males were $90. The Celadons were $3 each since they couldn't be sexed. I see eggs both eating and hatching range from $3-5. Those are the prices that I have found here in Maryland, of course I've only been watching for the past few months.
That’s good to know. I hope to get them out sooner than later, the 21 in there is already a lot haha. If I can’t get them out I’ll need 2 brooders set up.

Hope you sold a few chicks today. I ended up finding a 1288 Hovabator, it is about ten years old but looked in good shape and supposedly used once. For the price I'm happy if just the turner works though I need to get quail egg holders for it. I'm thinking my next incubation will be in it if everything checks out with it. Tomorrow I will get the NR360 cleaned up and see if TSC will accept the return.

Hope you sold a few chicks today. I ended up finding a 1288 Hovabator, it is about ten years old but looked in good shape and supposedly used once. For the price I'm happy if just the turner works though I need to get quail egg holders for it. I'm thinking my next incubation will be in it if everything checks out with it. Tomorrow I will get the NR360 cleaned up and see if TSC will accept the return.
I saw a hovabator on NJ CL with turner and quail rails in like new condition for $100 bux today. I considered it.

I saw a hovabator on NJ CL with turner and quail rails in like new condition for $100 bux today. I considered it.

This one was $20 but half the egg holders are broke and it does have some age. I figured for the price it was worth the risk. Pretty sure I got lucky. Someone else was giving away 30 8 week old quail but missed those. Now just need to make sure the incubator holds temp and order the quail egg holders.

This one was $20 but half the egg holders are broke and it does have some age. I figured for the price it was worth the risk. Pretty sure I got lucky. Someone else was giving away 30 8 week old quail but missed those. Now just need to make sure the incubator holds temp and order the quail egg holders.
Haha if you wanna drive to NJ I’ll give you 2 dozen day olds for free.

Back
Top Bottom