Incubator & movement in egg. - RIP Chip/Chipette

I definitely don't have an aquarium air pump tubing. Or for that matter, any type of tubing. So with that, is there anything else I could do? Open it quickly and put the water in or just leave it or...?
Thanks !

Glad Iain was around to advise you. I agree, duck looks like its gonna hatch OK. Your humidiy will probobly be ok, but I up mine further by washing/bleaching/rinsing and then adding a new sponge thats soaking wet leaned against the side. It really helps in tough humidity situations.

Good luck!

Alright so it's 5:53 AM and I woke up to check on the egg, still NOTHING. I wish it would chirp just so I would know it was alive. That's all I want, to know its alive...grr. So any ideas on why it's not making noise or any movement after 16 hours?
Thanks

There are a few theories.... 1. Your duck may have had to break through outer shell to internally pip and therefore the time it will take to hatch is double. 2. Your duck may be taking longer because the temps are not warm enough. 3. Your duck may be shrinkwrapped because humidity too low; or 4. Your duck may just be taking its time. It did puncture its vein, which generally can slow the process.

If you have a steth, you can place end on viewing window and if the ducky is ok, you should hear a faint clicking sound.

Thanks.
I just went in there about 10 minutes ago and it was chirping again.
I'm not sure what it's going to do.
All those theories are logical too, just don't know which one will happen.
The temp is still at a constant 99.5 degrees.
& if the duckling is shrinkwrapped, is there anything I need to do or know?
Would he/she still be making the clicking sound if it's shrinkwrapped?
Going to go try the Steth thing.

I did the Steth thing, I heard little faint clicking/tap sounds. But no movement of where the crack is, wouldn't he/she see the light and want to get out through there?
He/She is also chirping/quacking but not as much as before.

Clicking sound means all is well. I'd leave him be for now and check with steth every 1-2 hours. If you are not using a fan, the temps are low, which generally slows the process. However, do not adjust temp at this point. If you are using a fan and your humidity is still 72 or lower, you may want to raise humidity level in room bator is in (so as not to expose bator to dry room air) and very quickly open bator to set a sponge soaked in HOT water in it. And turn the fan off, if you can.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom