Incubator & movement in egg. - RIP Chip/Chipette

I'd try at least a couple times a day plus what he is getting in his water. is he pooping okay? still eating and drinking okay?
I shall do it ! Currently holding him and he's sleeping, precious one. His eyes seem to be opening more as each day progresses. We gave him two drops at once since we didn't give him any straight doses today. He also got some of it in the water also. He's still pooping and drinking. The food is a little more difficult because he doesn't seem to like it, but he may just be still full. Hopefully there will be drastic improvement soon, he would be a precious house duck because he is so lovely with all of us in the family.
Will be getting Sav-A-Chick, Brewers Yeast, and Nutri Drench tomorrow, hopefully find something with Selenium in it? Any stuff you know that has selenium in it?

I shall do it ! Currently holding him and he's sleeping, precious one. His eyes seem to be opening more as each day progresses. We gave him two drops at once since we didn't give him any straight doses today. He also got some of it in the water also. He's still pooping and drinking. The food is a little more difficult because he doesn't seem to like it, but he may just be still full. Hopefully there will be drastic improvement soon, he would be a precious house duck because he is so lovely with all of us in the family.
Will be getting Sav-A-Chick, Brewers Yeast, and Nutri Drench tomorrow, hopefully find something with Selenium in it? Any stuff you know that has selenium in it?
Nope I think most use straight selenium. don't know if it comes in tab or caps. or may be you'll have to get liquid like in gel caps and put it in his feed or water.

Do you think Manna Pro Jump Start Plus, would be good for selenium?
Also to add to all the horror of this poor baby, another of the eggs has externally pipped it's way through, it did not hit a vein like the last one, so it's definitely on it's way, it has rocked back and forth inside the egg and I could hear pipping sounds through the incubator.
I checked the humidity and because I have been occupied by this little one, the humidity hit around 40%. I added water to all of the cavity things in there to being full, hopefully he won't be shrinkwrapped even though I think he may be. I also hope he won't come out to be like this little one after not hit a blood vein.
Will update soon on both the wry neck baby and the incoming one.
The neck seems to be coming more flexible and he has turned his head all the way to his left side and obviously up in the air.
I really hope this Poly-Vi-Sol will help and will be getting the other stuff after school tomorrow. (Road Trip)
Thanks.

Is the Manna for large animals? If so I'd be afraid it could easily overdose the duckling.

Last edited:
It is used to Equine also so it may be too strong for the baby. It is basically used for all livestock but I don't know if it would be too strong for the baby and like you said, overdose him.
I just don't know what to buy that has selenium at the TSC store, so that's why I am asking.
The website has thousands of stuff but I can't go through each one to search for it.

It is used to Equine also so it may be too strong for the baby. It is basically used for all livestock but I don't know if it would be too strong for the baby and like you said, overdose him.
I just don't know what to buy that has selenium at the TSC store, so that's why I am asking.
The website has thousands of stuff but I can't go through each one to search for it.
I have been all over the internet and here trying to find out dosages for the vitamin E and the selenium but haven't found anything yet. I thin probably just plain ole selenium from the drug store or walmart would be fine. Okay get Brewers yeast it has everything in it but the vit E sprinkle it on his feed when you make the mash or put some in water and let it sit for a few minutes then give him the water from it. Do both. Get the Brewers yeast at a natural food store it will be better grade. Read this:
http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/brewers-yeast-000288.htm

Last edited:
Sounds good. Will do it tomorrow. I feel so bad for him, he keeps having so much trouble, peeping like crazy because he just can't get
in a good position.
He keeps turning his head more and more and now it's almost facing directly backward.
I am just hoping so much that it will correct itself soon.

Sounds good. Will do it tomorrow. I feel so bad for him, he keeps having so much trouble, peeping like crazy because he just can't get
in a good position.
He keeps turning his head more and more and now it's almost facing directly backward.
I am just hoping so much that it will correct itself soon.
I hope so too, you are doing about all you can, hopefully the Brewers yeast will be the answer. Keep us posted. and give the lil a hug for me. Bless it's heart. and yours.

Back
Top Bottom