Incubator problems, need help

Poliwag

Songster
11 Years
Nov 19, 2008
Australia
I have a 12 Egg IM Incubator. I have had it for a while now. I have used it two times so far. First time it was used was after a few days in my homemade incubator(a wooden box with a light). Only one chicken hatched. All the rest were yolk. Second time I used it was with Silkie Eggs. None hatched and they were all still yolk, no formation at all. The temperature was always around 101-103 degrees fahrenheit.

Here's a picture of my Incubator:

CameraPictures030.jpg

The white thing in the middle is a piece of foam boxing. I don't know whether it is faulty or it is just because of its design but the heat only stays to one side. I placed the foam there to keep the heat in that area.

(I put sticks along the inside to hold the eggs in place)

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or give me any advice on what I should do?

Never seen a bator like that one but the temps are way too high...I use 99.8 to 100 for still airs here at home....If it has a fan 99.8 also!!

Yes temp. to high. 101 top on still air incubator. Make sure you turn eggs 4 times a day.

Never seen that incubator ,and I have a bad habit of collecting them

Quote:
I got them from a friend who lives just out of town.
She has hatched chickens from them before... but they were done naturally
tongue.png

Quote:
The name of it is IM 12 Egg Incubator(manual turn). If you do a search for that, you should find the site I got it from.

Umm, am I allowed to link the shop that sells it? I read this site's rules and it said that some site links are not allowed
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom