Incubator recommendations?

lavendermarie

Songster
May 12, 2022
I’m looking for a new incubator! My budget is about $100, more or less. I’d like it to be automatically turning and preferably I’d like to be able to see the chicks while they’re hatching. All the reviews I’m reading on amazon are so terrible for all the incubators I look at. So I wanted to hear right from you guys which incubators you like and have had the most success with. Also, I was wondering, should I get a thermometer and whatever the humidity equivalent of that is called, or should I trust the ones built into the incubator? Thank you in advance!

I think you're going to have risks with any incubator Amazon or not. I used a Hova Bator a few years ago and hated it, it's a highly rated incubator.
The trick is to be prepared, have a calibrated thermometer or two as well as a calibrated hygrometer (that measures the humidity). You can find out how to calibrate thermometers and hydrometers by searching byc Articles.
Once you have an incubator you need to play with it and find how to control the humidity to where you want it. This is something many of us struggle with.
Again, any incubator you get is going to mean work!

I am using a little giant, some people hate them. I am having good luck with mine, I say spend the money, get the turners, and the air fan. I plug mine in, walk away until day 18 then take out the turners, add water and put the eggs back in. (I dry hatch until day 18.)

I am using a little giant, some people hate them. I am having good luck with mine, I say spend the money, get the turners, and the air fan. I plug mine in, walk away until day 18 then take out the turners, add water and put the eggs back in. (I dry hatch until day 18.)
I loved my Little Giants. Don't hatch anymore. Sure miss it. :(

I think you're going to have risks with any incubator Amazon or not. I used a Hova Bator a few years ago and hated it, it's a highly rated incubator.
The trick is to be prepared, have a calibrated thermometer or two as well as a calibrated hygrometer (that measures the humidity). You can find out how to calibrate thermometers and hydrometers by searching byc Articles.
Once you have an incubator you need to play with it and find how to control the humidity to where you want it. This is something many of us struggle with.
Again, any incubator you get is going to mean work!
Okay, thank you so much!

Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom