Incubator search turned bad (Please heed the warning)

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by championny, Apr 10, 2008.

1. championny

championny Songster

Mar 21, 2008
    Saint Johns, AZ
    I agree. I have been using Foxfire now for quite some time. Even the US government won't use IE.

By the way, I had to wipe out my system and re-install Windows. Now I am back! I don't wish what I went through on anyone. Now my system is great and I am not downloading anything like that again![​IMG]

2. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:I use both.

Firefox is my default browser, but web designers are not noted for their accomdating natures, and some good sites don't work well with Firefox.

There are two main reasons for this .... firstly, some sites will perform a browser check, and will only load in IE. Also, IE is NOT 100% compliant with the standards (Firefox is), and over the years web designers have learned how to exploit the *features* to their benefit (I don't mean harmful stuff).

Active-X is not implemented in Firefox, and some sites (like my camera) need it to work properly .... so ....

Let's all be careful out there [​IMG]

3. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground

Firefox is my default browser, but web designers are not noted for their accomdating natures, and some good sites don't work well with Firefox.

There are two main reasons for this .... firstly, some sites will perform a browser check, and will only load in IE. Also, IE is NOT 100% compliant with the standards (Firefox is), and over the years web designers have learned how to exploit the *features* to their benefit (I don't mean harmful stuff).

That's why IE Tab was invented. Works on every poorly written IE oriented site I've ever come across.

I can't help you with your camera [​IMG]

4. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa

That's why IE Tab was invented. Works on every poorly written IE oriented site I've ever come across.

I can't help you with your camera [​IMG]

Yep, use that too .... but it runs active=x, so be careful [​IMG]

5. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    missed a bit .....

I don't need help with my camera [​IMG] It's on my local network .... others need a little help sometimes.

It is a web server, and can be viewed from any browser, but the controls require active-x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: