Incubator search turned bad (Please heed the warning)

championny

Songster
11 Years
Mar 21, 2008
Saint Johns, AZ
Hi Everyone.

I have just awoken after not going to bed until almost 6 due to a bad PC virus. I was searching for a turbo fan kit for my Little Giant incubator and this one site took me to what was a video (I don't remember the name, but it was a lycos member site) and I was in hell.
somad.gif

I finally was able to delete it after going into Safe Mode four times and restoring my settings to before.

Please be careful and do not download any Active X components. Its called Smitfraud-C and it takes over your backdrop and all. I was recommend from my brother about Spybot Serarch and Destroy and that thing will find malware and spyware that Norton or McAfee doesn't find.

I know this is a chicken forum, but even us chickens lovers need to know what to look out for. would hate for anyone to have to go through what I did.

AVG is a very good spyware and molware, it is basically like nortons or mcafee but better you can upgrade fromt he free one, but it works just fine, we have had problem with the Active X controller stuff as well, so we no longer allow it to be downloaded, thats where we got several Trojan virus' from. My S/O learned about through his forum. And a lot of them use it. Just a thought. Good Luck

I have used max pc spyware for several years now and it's great. I had trouble with my computer and a friend on another site recommeded it and I now buy it for 4 computers including my work computer. It finds things on your computer other products can't and that you didn't even know was on there. My son had some stuff on his that he couldn't get rid of and it was driving him insane. I ran this program on his and it found and deleted it all. Worth the money to keep your computer safe.

http://www.spywaredetector.net/index.htm

Last edited:
I had the feeling I wasn't alone on this, but I just want to make sure that everyone knows that not even looking up things for your poultry is safe. Here I was thinking I was going to find a turbo fan kit and the nightmare began.

But I am glad to be back.

Just so y'all are aware ......

When you look at my camera ... it's in my sig .... the Active-X control is safe
smile.png

All it does is allow you to pan and tilt, and enables the audio.

Twigg <-- I am not a virus
lau.gif

I think we can trust you Twigg.
cool.png

From what i had heard, it happens when you go to a site to download ActiveX I don't want to scare anyone from it, that was not my purpose. I just want to make you all aware that if you receive a questionable prompt to download Active X from a site you do not know, DONT DO IT!

Active X is needed to run some programs in order to view videos or such.

Thanks for the comment Twigg. It is true people should know that there are trustworthy sites that use Active X.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom