incubator Thermometers

m.hubbard

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 6, 2009
ok im on my very first hatch with quail and with a new bator
homemade of corse .
its a styrofoam box with a 20w halogen bulb small fan all hooked up to a thermostat.

i bought the hygrometer of the same person i got my thermostat kit from he told me that he uses them in his own bators and thay are good

but for some reason it didnt feel warm enough to me after about 5 days i put a murcury Thermometer in just to make sure and it only whent up to 36 degress c but the hygrometer is saying just under 38 degrees c .
so i whent out to day and bought a digital Thermometer and the bator switches off at 35.9 degress c .

so what do i do leave it and go by the hygrometer or the digital one and start again with fresh eggs as these ones have bin in the bator since the 5th of oct ???????

i did try and candle last night but it just to dam hard with there dark shell and being so small.

cheers .m

Quote:
a wet bulb hygrometer will give you the current temperature, if the bulb is dry. if it is wet it'll read a lower temperature. it is the difference between wet and dry bulb that gives you what your humidity is. the higher the difference, the lower the humidity because the water evaporates faaster, pulling the wet bulb temperature down.

try calibrating the temperature with a human-grade thermometer... those are usually the most accurate.

Back
Top Bottom