incubator went up to 103....

Meant to add, sponges are great, but try and avoid opening the incubator too often as it will dry out the membrane of the emerging chicks and shrink wrap them.... Good luck!

yeah, i'm trying not to open at all- except that it went down to 45...
if it does it again i will sponge instead of water.

the bator isn't sealing properly, so i put something heavy on top to help it... humidity went up to 80% !
i can't really mess with it right now with the pending hatch..... but at least i know what the problem is.

Has he zipped at all? If so definitely help after that long. If not i would just try and crack egg shell and try not to touch membrane. Cute pics, looks just like some of mines.

I went down and it had hatched, so a bit after 24 hours. Took awhile, but it prevailed!! Three more are down there. I will take them to join the others once I see them dry a bit. So that makes six out of twenty so far. Not to bad since I though they were all toast!!!

I went down and it had hatched, so a bit after 24 hours. Took awhile, but it prevailed!! Three more are down there. I will take them to join the others once I see them dry a bit. So that makes six out of twenty so far. Not to bad since I though they were all toast!!!

Congratulations! That proves that eggs aren't extremely sensitive to temps.

Eight so far... One with wonky a leg... Lots of pep in him, but might not make it with his leg like that... Yeah I'm thinking they are much tougher than we think.

Back
Top Bottom