Incubator Woes

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I set two batches of eggs about two weeks apart so I had to move one set out to hatch the first set. The second set was really a test batch of mostly silkies to check fertility. Well something happened with the temps in that one, kept spiking, and I lost every chick. Most were fully formed and all were fertile. But boy was that hard. All those babies, just gone! But I guess at least the eggs are being fertilized.

Marie

i am sorry you lost all those babys
he.gif
barnie.gif

Ahhh. I'm on day 18 with mine and I afraid that's what happened to me. In the past couple of days it has spiked to around 104!, maybe even alittle higher when I wasn't around. A few stilll seem to have movement in them so I'm hoping that they will pull through.

How likely is it that mine will make it?

Not sure the humidity was not off. But I think it was ok.Butthe temps were off. The therm. said 104 one time and 103 one time but I don't know how long it had been that temp. I did not really check them very often until I realized the temps were doing that. Then I put in a reg. human therm. and it said like 105 or something. It was crazy. Won't hatch anymore until I get it figured out, at least not in that bator. And the therm may be messed up, although in my genesis it says a constant 100-101 all the time. I really had not intended on letting these hatch, was just a test hatch for fertility. I was going to take the eggs out early on because I already knew I had the batch of seramas. But I could not throw them out after seeing they are fertile. But it did allow me to sell fertile eggs with confidence. So it did serve a purpose. But it is so hard to lose them.

Marie

Quote:
please excuse my question but what do you mean by huge vaults?

wondering the same thing
hu.gif

I am really needing to have that answer as I never heard that phrase before and I am waiting on the silke eggs I bought from her, will I have the same outcome?

Back
Top Bottom