1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by bijouneko, Jul 21, 2016.

1. bijouneko

bijouneko New Egg

Jul 21, 2016
    Hi guys, looking to buy a small incubator to hatch 6 to 10 eggs in the spring. Any advice?

2. Broosters mom

Broosters mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2015
  3. Egghead_Jr

Egghead_Jr Overrun With Chickens

Oct 16, 2010
    NEK, VT
    Totally agree Hova-Bator is the best inexpensive incubator going. There are small units but honestly, once you hatch you'll continue to hatch more. You can drop $200 to have all the guesswork taken out but with a little knowledge and a hatch under your belt the wafer thermostat hovabator is all you'll need unless you need more space and moving up to cabinet size.

Think Incubator Warehouse has the best prices:

http://incubatorwarehouse.com/chicken-egg-incubator.html

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  4. Jennn27

Jennn27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Marshall, TX
    I have a Hova-bator and I LOVE it! It was very inexpensive and works very well. Set-up was so easy and I have hatched four chicks thus far....I have had it about a month. I plan on buying the egg turner for it soon.

5. Jennn27

Jennn27 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2015
    Marshall, TX
    Yep....this is where I got mine. I also ordered the electric hydrometer/thermometer.

6. Broosters mom

Jul 29, 2015
  7. Broosters mom

Jul 29, 2015
    Wow. Just realized this thread was from months ago and can't figure out how to delete my comment.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by