Incubator

jimi79

Chirping
Oct 18, 2020
I am building a incubator out of a wine fridge. Everything is wire up and it seems to be heating pretty good with the ceramic heater I installed. The fridge came with two fan as it was dual zone. I have both running but it seems like it moves a lot of air. Any reason I shouldn't run just one. My thought is to put one fan on a switch so I can turn it off or on as I wish.

The fridge is 5 cubic ft, I am using a 250 watt ceramic heater. Fans are stock, what it had in it. I do have a second heater I have not yet installed. I may put this on a toggle as well so when I candle or shut off turner it will get back to temp quickly. It has been running for an hour and a half and is at 81 deg currently

Do you have several temperature readers in different area to know exactly what's happening in different areas of the fridge? If it's even registering evenly with heat? Test, re-test, make adjustments, and test again. Got to make sure it's running close to perfect before incubating eggs.

Make sure that it's able to get some fresh air in there otherwise you'll be suffocating the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom