Incubator....

Lstumbo

In the Brooder
Nov 24, 2023
Best easiest no fail incubator? (Does that even exist) I will probably only use it once to start my flock so I don't really want to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But I want one that works! Also is dry hatching better/easier? Thanks

Last edited:
You can only really dry hatch if you're in a humid climate, and I wouldn't say it's better or easier.

If you don't want to drop a lot of money on an incubator, can you find someone to borrow one from? Most of the cheap ones are really iffy on keeping the humidity and temperature steady and are a lot more work to make sure everything is running smoothly.

You can only really dry hatch if you're in a humid climate, and I wouldn't say it's better or easier.

If you don't want to drop a lot of money on an incubator, can you find someone to borrow one from? Most of the cheap ones are really iffy on keeping the humidity and temperature steady and are a lot more work to make sure everything is running smoothly.
I live in south MS so I am in a humid climate.

Best easiest no fail incubator? (Does that even exist) I will probably only use it once to start my flock so I don't really want to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars. But I want one that works! Also is dry hatching better/easier? Thanks
A "no fail" incubator does not exist! Some are better than others, and most of the cheap ones are just that..."cheap". Look on Craigslist, for used incubators, if you don't want to buy a new one....but you can get a fairly decent incubator for around $160. Harris Farms, Farm Innovators Pro 4250 or the NutureRite 360, you can always resell it after you use it, and recoup some of the expense.

Again, no such thing as dry hatching....you will still have to add water (sometines) even in high humidity areas. I'm in a high humidity area and I still have to add water to adjust the Rh in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom