Incubators Anonymous

She is not making this up. I may decide I have had enough with chickens and actually retire someday..BUT no turkeys. They are feathered dogs and give way too much entertainment to me to ever do away with them.
Keep it up and I might have to find myself one or two.... Royal Palms look nice and small and non-feed-guzzling.

Define "trouble". They'll have a hard time beating my existing rotten stinkers.
They are the most likely to get into situations and places that you don't want them to get into.

Since they are one of the lightest (weight) varieties they tend to get up to heights that can be difficult to reach. They fly very well into the spots that you least want them to be at the most inconvenient times.

They are the most likely to get into situations and places that you don't want them to get into.
What makes the difference? Is it just their size or is there some RP "personality" difference that causes them to be a headache? I am not well-versed in turkeys.

Since they are one of the lightest (weight) varieties they tend to get up to heights that can be difficult to reach. They fly very well into the spots that you least want them to be at the most inconvenient times.
Thank you. My bantams and (formerly owned) guineas spend/spent a lot of time on the coop roof so I suspect a turkey would do the same.

How are they in terms of intelligence? My only experience with turkeys has been with the BBW, which made snowballs look smart. I realise those are the CX of the turkey world and as such are not a good meter. I need birds that dive for cover when hawks fly over and won't fly over the dog run fence, which is always inhabited by a dog that spends her days lunging at the fence. Most birds so far have learned it's not a good idea to fly over.

Edit: I just saw Jess' post. Never mind.

Back
Top Bottom