Incubators Anonymous

Frizzled Serama babies!

IMG_20180315_154051.jpg
IMG_20180315_154104.jpg
IMG_20180315_154218.jpg

I hope the hawk flew into a wire, tree or the ground and died! Karma and all...
IMG_7529.JPG

No such luck yet. The hawk was actually deep inside the garage when I caught it in the act. I moved the survivors to their big outdoor summer cages but had to cover the structure with a tarp because the hawk kept attacking them. Then it WALKED around the perimeter of the chicken run & coop searching for an entry point. It even perched on the coop's flower box to stare at my chickens through the window.

What was scary is how close my kids were able to get to it. Absolutely no fear of humans, but it IS afraid of my dog. I've been keeping my chickens IN and letting my dog OUT frequently. I hope the hawk takes the hint.

That's the best pic I've seen all day! Thank you. I really needed a fluffy boost of cuteness. (Yesterday was a rough day b/c a hawk killed 1/2 our quail.)

Oh dang, that sucks. One got one of my Call drakes last week too. I got it on security cam video. They are amazing, beautiful creatures, and I still hate them and wish bad karma on them all.
Great photo on the fence.

That's the best pic I've seen all day! Thank you. I really needed a fluffy boost of cuteness. (Yesterday was a rough day b/c a hawk killed 1/2 our quail.)

I'm so sorry to hear that :( It's always so awful to lose them like that. He is a gorgeous bird. It's sad how terrible something so beautiful can be. I've been seeing a lot of red tails around here lately. They must be migrating back :/

You're killing me!

View attachment 1298091
No such luck yet. The hawk was actually deep inside the garage when I caught it in the act. I So moved the survivors to their big outdoor summer cages but had to cover the structure with a tarp because the hawk kept attacking them. Then it WALKED around the perimeter of the chicken run & coop searching for an entry point. It even perched on the coop's flower box to stare at my chickens through the window.

What was scary is how close my kids were able to get to it. Absolutely no fear of humans, but it IS afraid of my dog. I've been keeping my chickens IN and letting my dog OUT frequently. I hope the hawk takes the hint.
So sorry. :hugs I hate those beasts.

Back
Top Bottom