Incubators Anonymous

Im finally starting to get a few eggs.

My addiction to hatch has started for the year already.

Set 12 welsummer eggs and 35 cot quail eggs last week.

Set 120 chukar and 10 turkey and 18 leghorn croSS eggs this morning.

Said wasnt gonna hatch as many this year. But I have 8 different pens set up with pure breed birds.

So far just 1 cabinet and a tabletop incubator going. But have 2 more cabinets on standby.

Ok. I'm really struggling with humidity.
I'm using a HovaBator 2362N.
I've got all of the channels filled, sponges and a dish of water in there and I can't get above 60.
Any other suggestions?
Did you use warm water when filling channels?
My guess is your humidity sensor is not reading right.

Is there any condensation forming on the lid windows?

Ok. I'm really struggling with humidity.
I'm using a HovaBator 2362N.
I've got all of the channels filled, sponges and a dish of water in there and I can't get above 60.
Any other suggestions?
Your hygrometer may be the problem. It may also take a while to get humidity back up after opening up the incubator.

Instead of sponges, I often use feminine hygiene products. (They can hold a lot of water & be tossed after hatch.) If you put one into a tall container of water it will act as a wick to draw up water & allow it to evaporate off of the surface area.

I have a Hova bator 2362e that I hatch in every week. For me, filing all 4 channels and adding 1 container with a sponge typically gets it to 60%and it'll go a little higher once the first chicks hatch. It usually is plenty good enough for hatching. I keep an extra container in there that I can fill quickly with extra water in an emergency but rarely ever use it.

I thought it had to be between 65 and 75 during lockdown.

No moisture on the lid.
Part of my problem is I heat with wood.

You will be fine with 60....As soon as the eggs start breaking open the humidity will go up to 80....Do not let that bother you. it will come down when the chicks dry off.

Make sure you do not cover all the holes,,,,the chicks need air...If you are hatching DUX cover all the holes and run a hose from your car exhaust into the incubator.....

You can trust me on this, cause you know how much I love DUX!

Back
Top Bottom