Incubators Anonymous

All those cute babies!!!!!

Well here are my 4 that just hatched.

20180324_114116.jpg

Go chickies go! Here are my Frizzled Polish eggs, I set them Sunday.

There are 5 Buff Laced, 6 Black Crested Blue, 5 Gold Laced, 6 Solid color Mixed, 4 Tolbunt and 4 White Crested Black (and an egg-o-meter). I keep hatching frizzled and the only frizzles I get turn out to be roos. Let's hope for a FEMALE frizzle polish or two.

29694850_10213480634148538_5391606370437586946_n.jpg

Lockdown!

Woohoo! Good luck!

20 of 28 bantam cochins have hatched by the time I left for work this morning. A couple pips left, another one I could tell had quit, from a quick candle. Good drawdown in the others not pipped.
WP_20180328_08_03_00_Pro.jpg

Grrrrr, last night, I got home from work and saw that my Brinsia turning cradle crashed AGAIN!!! Crashed hard enough to actually crack open the incubator. All 30 Polish eggs piled up on the table. Good news, I didn't see any obvious cracks. Also, all the eggs were still warm. A couple were hotter than the others, they were sitting on the cover portion, so directly on the fan. I just re-set them as quickly as possible, fixed the turner and am crossing my fingers. Last time this same thing happened, I had 12 of 13 hatch. So, it may not be a death sentence. I know the 'bator was good in the morning before I left for work.

It seems like the turner last 4 incubations then snaps.

They are on day 4. I'll candle them this weekend. Hopefully no cracks that I couldn't see.

My most recent hatch, I started with 10 eggs, and who knows what i did, but I only got 4 chicks out of the 5 that made it to lockdown. They hatched yesterday. The 10 started out as 16, but I gave 6 to a classroom hatch, and last I heard they had 5 out of 6 going strong. The 4 I hatched are happily hanging out with a broody silkie.

Well, from a previous hatch I did (hatched 3/1) I have a silkie that just isn't growing. I had 4 of her smaller hatchmates keeping her company inside - so I added her to the broody mom, and moved the 4 friends out with the rest of their hatch, outside. So, no more chicks inside!! The non growing silkie (3 weeks old) is the same size, if not smaller than the day old barnevelder and polish chicks.

Well, my plan to try to wean off hatching anymore after this last hatch didn't work out so well....

I found an ebay listing for Frizzled Polish eggs 50 miles away from me. I won the auction, and contacted the seller, and she discounted a 2nd dozen by the ebay shipping costs. She threw in 6 extras. I drove up and picked them up myself. So, I have 30 frizzled polish eggs that did not have to go through the Postal service obstacle course. There are Tolbunt, White Crested Black, White crested Blue, Buff Laced and a few others. She puts in at least 2 from each of her pens that lays. I'll be setting these today, in a different incubator than my last horrible hatch.

I think I need to stay off my computer......
Cant wait to see them all!!!

Grrrrr, last night, I got home from work and saw that my Brinsia turning cradle crashed AGAIN!!! Crashed hard enough to actually crack open the incubator. All 30 Polish eggs piled up on the table. Good news, I didn't see any obvious cracks. Also, all the eggs were still warm. A couple were hotter than the others, they were sitting on the cover portion, so directly on the fan. I just re-set them as quickly as possible, fixed the turner and am crossing my fingers. Last time this same thing happened, I had 12 of 13 hatch. So, it may not be a death sentence. I know the 'bator was good in the morning before I left for work.

It seems like the turner last 4 incubations then snaps.

They are on day 4. I'll candle them this weekend. Hopefully no cracks that I couldn't see.
OH NO!!!! :fl :fl :fl :hugs

Back
Top Bottom