Incubators Anonymous

No, not at all. I have some that are suppose to hatch Wednesday or Thursday. And I have a couple dozen ready to go in Sunday. :)

Cool. I expect to hatch on Saturday and Sunday and will be picking up the eggs Wednesday. They may get dropped off earlier depending on the sellers schedule. She has family up here so she figured it wouldn't be any issue to drop off if she comes for a visit anyway. :D RIRs and Buff Brahmas.

Cool. I expect to hatch on Saturday and Sunday and will be picking up the eggs Wednesday. They may get dropped off earlier depending on the sellers schedule. She has family up here so she figured it wouldn't be any issue to drop off if she comes for a visit anyway. :D RIRs and Buff Brahmas.

Nice. I have silkies due Wednesday and silkies and Cochin/silkie cross going in Sunday

Nice. I have silkies due Wednesday and silkies and Cochin/silkie cross going in Sunday

How well do silkies sell in your area if you don't mind me asking? I hatched three last year and tried to sell them when they were 16 weeks old. Hen went in a flash but the two Roos are give aways. I still have one as a matter of fact. I didn't even get one response on CL to the sale ad for them.

How well do silkies sell in your area if you don't mind me asking? I hatched three last year and tried to sell them when they were 16 weeks old. Hen went in a flash but the two Roos are give aways. I still have one as a matter of fact. I didn't even get one response on CL to the sale ad for them.

They sell fast. But I usually sell them in the first 6-8 weeks. By law in my state under that age has to be sold as 6 together. At that age I tell people that they are straight run.

I would have 300 eggs ready if I had to wait 3 weeks between hatches. I hatch every week sometimes twice
lol.png

I have almost 120 eggs to set tomorrow... after I get my other eggs in the MAIL
fl.gif
and I have SEVERAL more batches coming in the mail this week so there will be another batch going in a few days later. I am thinking there will be about 200+ eggs going in this week. I am kinda freaking out a little, but there are shipped eggs so I know the hatch rate will not be as high and some are sex links so I have a guy that will buy the roos at hatch. That helps. Most are for sale too.

I've got to "pay" for the first incubator before I buy another one! Which is probably good. The current batch should be out on Monday which is when the next eggs should ship my way. :) I figure one batch a month should be plenty. Although I'd love to be able to hatch weekly.

I would have 300 eggs ready if I had to wait 3 weeks between hatches. I hatch every week sometimes twice
lol.png

I have almost 120 eggs to set tomorrow... after I get my other eggs in the MAIL
fl.gif
and I have SEVERAL more batches coming in the mail this week so there will be another batch going in a few days later. I am thinking there will be about 200+ eggs going in this week. I am kinda freaking out a little, but there are shipped eggs so I know the hatch rate will not be as high and some are sex links so I have a guy that will buy the roos at hatch. That helps. Most are for sale too.
Yeh I have shipped white orpingtons and lavender orpingtons that yesterday was day 21 still nothing
fl.gif

I am in need of some hatchaholics opinions!! I have the opportunity to purchase a gently used 2 year old (4-5 hatches total) Brinsea 20 Advanced EX. I don't know the person who is selling it, and I would have to go out on a limb and buy it and have it mailed to me. I currently have a Hovabator 1588 that I purchased new last year... Do you really find that the Brinsea's are worth the money?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom