Incubators Anonymous

But i came here to Bragg My Jumbo Quail are Hatching YES day 16 and 8 hrs IM totally excited they are cute and fuzzy .100eggs in bator found 3 cracked so i flushed them

I want this one it's my fav
love.gif

I love big furry cats, the bigger the better. My cat is a shelter rescue and he's big and furry like that. Has some of the same striping, but he's not a fancy breed, just some kind of domestic. He's 25lbs though, bigger than the rest of the cats on the block!

If I brought a warm egg into the house to incubate, how long can it stay before I get more recent laid eggs. Don't want to fire up the incubator for just a few, hard to get warm eggs in subzero temps

Here are my sweet babies I hatched from RunawayLobster's eggs! I am so happy with them!!!
big_smile.png

My husband's finishing up a deployment with the Army right now so watching them incubate/hatch has been a really awesome distraction for my kids!

This one is my favorite!!! She is so sweet. She's an Olive Egger, with a beard, fluffy cheeks, & feathered shanks. I can't wait t see how she feathers out, she's such a fluff ball!

I'm really excited to see how this one feathers out too! Her mama is a Dark Brahma and her dad is a Blue Copper Marans. She has really heavily feathered shanks too, I love that!

And these are my last 2 Olive Eggers. One has a straight comb and clean legs/face and the other has a pea comb and looks like she has muffs. She has clean legs, but a couple little feathers on her outside toe so that should be cute

Runawaylobster, I just now saw you are from Homestead!!!

My husband is stationed at Ft Bragg attached to Special Forces and their HQ for intel into South America is on Homestead Air Base. Over the past 4 years my husband was stationed down there once for 9 months and a second time for 6 months. Since it was TDY we weren't allowed to go with, but we went down to visit and stay with him quite a few times. It's about a 13 hour drive from where we are in NC.

The first time they put him up in the condos behind Publix right off NE 8th St/Campbell drive by the turnpike (I think exit 4? I don't know, I know it's the one right before the outlets/ Walmart on Rte 1). The second time he was in condos on the same street but further down right across from the hospital. You have great weather for keeping chickens there. We'll probably move further south once my husband retires.

Now you have me craving a key lime milkshake from Robert is Here, a roasted vegetable & goat cheese pizza from Portofino, and a glass of coconut wine from Schnebly's vineyard!!!!

Quote:
yes, I hatch in egg crates without a problem... laying on their sides the other chicks may roll them and disorient them during hatching.

another thing though, do you have enough ventilation in the incubator? if it has plugs, remove them! chicks can suffocate during hatching. also, if the chicks were huge, i'm with Donna, sounds like your humidity may have been too high. they don't lose enough liquid they absorb it, but the excess fluid in the body causes a higher blood pressure and puts a strain on the heart during hatching.

I dry incubate and even when humidity drops below 15% I've never had a dehydrated chick. I just crank up the humidity during the last 2-3 days to allow them an easier hatch. 55-65% much higher humidity can cause difficulty breathing when they first pip since their lungs are just starting to learn how to work.

Runawaylobster, I just now saw you are from Homestead!!!

My husband is stationed at Ft Bragg attached to Special Forces and their HQ for intel into South America is on Homestead Air Base. Over the past 4 years my husband was stationed down there once for 9 months and a second time for 6 months. Since it was TDY we weren't allowed to go with, but we went down to visit and stay with him quite a few times. It's about a 13 hour drive from where we are in NC.

The first time they put him up in the condos behind Publix right off NE 8th St/Campbell drive by the turnpike (I think exit 4? I don't know, I know it's the one right before the outlets/ Walmart on Rte 1). The second time he was in condos on the same street but further down right across from the hospital. You have great weather for keeping chickens there. We'll probably move further south once my husband retires.

Now you have me craving a key lime milkshake from Robert is Here, a roasted vegetable & goat cheese pizza from Portofino, and a glass of coconut wine from Schnebly's vineyard!!!!
My dad was a green beret and trained many 3 of my great uncles where as well thats where i was born Tell your Hubby and anyone who has a member in the serveses THANK YOU SO MUCH for their service and for protecting my freedom . they give more then just time, many give their lives , they are away from the women and children they love and family, that is a huge sacrafice for me and america anyone living here should be greatful and support the troops . jobs for our soldiers should never be a problem EVER

Back
Top Bottom