Incubators Anonymous

We just got our first egg from our GOLD LACED AND BUFF LACED BRAHMA pen
wee.gif
chicks to come soon
celebrate.gif

Hatched 3 Lavender orps all 3 sold. have 4 gorgeous SFH in the brooder also.
jumpy.gif

I've got 3 hovabators set up for incubation, one more for hatching specifically... right now i just started up 1 of the incubators, i've got eggs coming in tomorrow to hatch for a friend (heritage RIR). she has an incubator too, but doesn't trust her hatching ability yet, so she's having me do it. no biggie. 8) she's got SFH that'll need hatching later on and i want some babies for ME.

Also depends on what you use for a brooder I have 2 250 watt bulbs going and its jacking up the electric bill more then all three little bators.

True again. I am hoping to get all the babies sold in the first two weeks so hopefully I won't have to keep the brooder light on too long. :p I get my fuzzy butt addiction sated and make a few dollars in the process (again, hopefully)

We have 2 confirmed babies under miss mini , I saw 2 little yellow fuzzies one pipped egg and one non pipped egg but that means there is a fuzzy I didnt see or an egg MIA . She is really nervous though so I didnt want to make her get up completly I just lifted her a little to see the babies then let her alone.

Here you can see the egg shell, pipped egg and non pipped egg.
The yellow blur there is one of the little yellow chicks peeking out
Slightly better blurr. lol . I am a bit worried that eggs keep getting poked out from under her and she keeps changeing spots I have tried a couple times now to push and egg thats sticking out back under her but she just ends up shifting again at some point and an egg pops back out. Is it the babies that make her so shifty?

Yes I know that now but at the time I got them thats what the feed store people said you needed to use. My bf just got me a eco glow thing from brin sea. I cant use it yet becuawse my chicks are now scared of the dark
barnie.gif
but they are 3 weekish old buttons so wont need heat much longer and 6 week old serama who shoudnt need it but insist on acting like newb orns.. I hve herd of humans regressing but chicks never seen it or heard of it but I swear they are thy cry and want to be held just like new babies and they cry when I turn the lamp off even during the day though there warm enough
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom