14 Years
Nov 16, 2007
San Antonio TX
I'm going to try this one more time
smile.png

Brower Top Hatch- $75 plus shipping

Styrofoam Still Air w/ turner $100 plus shipping

Both together for $150 plus shipping.

I don't like mine, but I don't have a room that's warm enough for optimal operation. They really need to be in a room that's around 70 and we keep our house at about 63. I used bubble wrap, but you can buy an insulating blanket from Brower if you like. After I put the bubble wrap on and a towel over half the top, it works, but I'm getting a Sportsman and don't need the extra hassle of checking bubble wrap and towel placement.

I would also recommend hand turning as the turner doesn't always turn the eggs properly, or at least marking them and turning the ones that don't get turned. Yet another thing I don't really have time for. I have used all three of my incubators with success, but the Brower is my least favorite. Once I figured out what didn't work, I could fix it. It helps to know what you are getting into before you buy it.

It was supposed the be the "prefect incubator" and I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $350 when this first came out. If I had known then what I know now, there's no way I would have bought it for that much!!

I like the styrofoam better, the turners work like they are supposed to, and they don't need extra insulation. The only downfall is clean up.

That being said, if you are willing to check and recheck and check again, then you can have good results with the Brower. I'm usually gone about 11-13 hours every day, I just don't have the time to make sure the bubble wrap isn't slipping or the towel didn't come off more than once a day.

These are only being sold b/c I'm getting a sportsman and the hubby said I can't have all the incubators. I'm keeping my still air and turner, and selling the other two. I have often had all three running- I just don't like the extra effort of the Brower, especially since I paid so much for it. It was supposed to work as it was not "add this add that" and that's why I don't like it. I guess I expect to get what I pay for

The least I can take on the Brower is $100 plus shipping. I just paid WAY too much for it to take less than that. And yes, cleanup is much easier with the Brower, but the Brower annoys me.

Whew, I'm done now!

As posted the last time I advertised. Except now I actually *have* the sportsman.​

Back
Top Bottom