Incuview Incubator

I’m still trying to decide if I should get this incubator. I bet if they rounded the inside corners like Hovabator the humidity and heat issues would be eliminated
I’ve had mine for four years now. It’s so easy to clean! I don’t think I would ever want to have to clean hatching debris out of a foam incubator. As I was cleaning it last night and getting it ready for this week’s lockdown, I was appreciating how well it has run for me all this time. I would not hesitate to buy another one.

I’m still trying to decide if I should get this incubator. I bet if they rounded the inside corners like Hovabator the humidity and heat issues would be eliminated

Even after experiencing problems with setting up/stabilizing the Incuview in the beginning, I'd still recommend it. I chalk it up to the most important incubating basics "Get familiar with your incubator and everything it does".The more I use it, the more I like it. In my personal opinion, a person can't go wrong with purchasing from Incubator Warehouse because their customer service is wonderful, if a problem should arise that is beyond the knowledgeable helpful members here at BYC.

I keep a Brinsea as a back up, but I've never set it up. I know I should, but learning the ins and outs of a new incubator is a pain at first.

Very true. I have used & like all of the incubators that I own (except for the LG that I was gifted from a retired backyard farmer that I won't use) but I feel like I've learned more and worked with the Incuview more, in this very short amount of time, than any of the others. I still haven't used any of the turners in any of them, including the Incuview. I hand turn 3 to 5 times per day and move them to different spots two times a day, in both of the incubators that I am incubating in. I've only hatched in the Brinsea and only incubated in the NR360. Planning on keeping this clutch in the Incuview for the entire process. The Incuview just seems brighter. Maybe it's the white color. Maybe it's where I have the others located. Either way, I really like the brighter view.

@aart i finally received my thermoworks super fast pocket thermometer (the delay was my fault). How do you use it? Do you compare it to any other digital thermometer to check for accuracy? Do you use the Thermoworks thermometer in the incubator and turn it on several times a day to check Temps? Or just use it to check for accuracy on the incubator thermometer?

@Punkybrewster i have bantam eggs incubating upright in the Incuview using a cut up egg carton with side cut down low and the bottom cut out, for airflow. You can see that there is a lot of room still, so LF eggs should fit upright just fine. I hand turn 3 to 5 times (actually I just gently lean them side to side to "turn" them) a day and move them around at least once a day but more if possible. The eggs I'm incubating had a long and rough trip which caused detached/rolling air cells. I will take a duck egg with me and take a picture of it, just like the bantam eggs are set, later today so you can see. I hope this helps some :)
20200626_141638.jpg

Back
Top Bottom