Incuview Incubator

Pics
We must be doing something just right because I got 6 out of 7 to hatch (my first ever) and when I thought the 7th , that I water candled on day of lock down and it showed me nothing...so I thought she was a late 'quitter' well I put 'her' in the incubator anyway...and while discarding egg carton today, I candled her again and she bobbled in the water...so...ya just never know!

I hope she hatches for you.

Well of my 19 I got 9 hatched. I have 10 still sitting now on day 22 I am pretty sure their dead. I have no idea what went wrong. They are a mix of shipped and my own eggs. I feel sick to my stomach because its obvious its something I did. Oddly the chicks that made it 5 silkies 2 blue sexlink and 1 isbar who came from damaged air cel was sitting in egg carton most of incubation and hatched this afternoon with splay legs now sitting crying chirping with a splint on.

Well of my 19 I got 9 hatched. I have 10 still sitting now on day 22 I am pretty sure their dead. I have no idea what went wrong. They are a mix of shipped and my own eggs. I feel sick to my stomach because its obvious its something I did. Oddly the chicks that made it 5 silkies 2 blue sexlink and 1 isbar who came from damaged air cel was sitting in egg carton most of incubation and hatched this afternoon with splay legs now sitting crying chirping with a splint on. 

I looked back at your previous hatch where you were having trouble getting your humidity low enough during incubation. Was this an issue this time? The needle on my humidity gauge stayed in the bottom half of the incubation range and my hydrometer showed it to stay at about 22%.

@sm2teach It turned out the first hatch I was only being overly concerned I had a high hatch rate. This last hatch was a disaster. I am not sure what happened I know that my temp must not be accurate because day 18, lockdown day was also when they started to pip. Which essentially means they had no time to be still and get into position. I had multiple pip at wrong end. It was a death hatch and made me very depressed to have to throw away/bury so many full term developed chicks. More than 10. Next week I am getting Champion bloodline chicks, Sumatras, Chanteclers, Isbars, Turkens and Fayoumis and brother I cant afford another death incubation. Ill have to calabrate the thermometer bang on. I may even turn them by hand as I did the first time. This way I can actually get a lot more eggs into the incuview. I think I am getting 36 eggs next week for an incubator that holds 28 lol can you tell I am an addict? ;-)

I do think this incubator runs a little hot. I can't find a decent thermometer to calibrate it with though. Mine pipped on day 19 but they were bantams. I had 3 pip but die in shell. 2 of these were shipped though. I hope your next hatch goes better. The only thing keeping me from starting another hatch is that our expansion on our coop isn't finished.

I agree I tried to calibrate it with my grow room thermometers 2 of them and so when I tested I literally had 3 totally different readings... uuug. I will put some freshie batteries in the thermoms and try again. Also mine were shipped as well and the 12 Isbars I ordered 1 hatched uuugx2
Our coop is almost complete right now they are in a holding/breeding pen that is in our barn/basement. haha its in my movie I am submitting for that video contest on here.

I am praying my eggs that arrive next week will work out with percents in the uppers. If that works out then we are (if all goes well) ordering some Ayam Cemanis from the US. Cross my fingers!

I agree I tried to calibrate it with my grow room thermometers 2 of them and so when I tested I literally had 3 totally different readings... uuug. I will put some freshie batteries in the thermoms and try again. Also mine were shipped as well and the 12 Isbars I ordered 1 hatched uuugx2
Our coop is almost complete right now they are in a holding/breeding pen that is in our barn/basement. haha its in my movie I am submitting for that video contest on here. 

I am praying my eggs that arrive next week will work out with percents in the uppers. If that works out then we are (if all goes well) ordering some Ayam Cemanis from the US. Cross my fingers!

Will you put them in an egg carton and hand turn them? I thought maybe that would help with the shipped eggs to incubate them upright.

Here goes my third set since July. I am officially addicted to hatching birds. Reptiles are next I think. I keep a hypomelanistic Boa Constrictor actually across the room from my IncuView. Nothing quite like a live cull machine with no waste or mess after wards ;-)

OK my set this time:

Heritage Classics I

• 2 xTurken
  • 3x Belgian d'Uccle Porcelain
  • 2x Isbar
  • 3x White face Spanish (thank you for that add a few weeks ago asking which bird would we pick out of the 6, well I went and found them lol)
  • 2x Buff Chantecler
  • 3x White Chantecler
  • 5x Cuckoo Marans
  • 3x Cream Legbar
  • 3x Egyptian Fayoumi (right??? :-D )
  • 3x Blue Sexlink
  • 3x EE
  • 5x Sumatra <- too good to be true but is!!

38 in total in my IncuView on the manual turn of course got my rooster alarm set for every 8 give a half revolution. Had great success my first hatch with this method. I am only resorting to manual turn for obvious reasons. She only holds 28-29 with turner but can accommodate 40+ manually. These were shipped to me from a brilliant breeder in Quebec lots of ribbons for her Boys I am so excited to have show calibre stock. The eggs arrived packed so good wasn't a single air cel detached. My last one almost every egg was detached plus two crushed eggs. Nightmare hatch I almost wanted to quit then. But here goes nothing! On with the Heritage Classics I... wish me luck kids!!

mistr.eddie

Ill post picture later my battery dead.. back to working on my short movie/video for the contest!

I set my first set of eggs on the 29th of August. I set 13 eggs, which I gathered from my hens within 5 days of putting them into a stable incubator. After candling, I had only 6 good eggs.

My first two chicks hatched on the 20th and 21st day. (I counted my setting day, as day 1) Once they were dry, I put them into the brooder because they were knocking the other eggs around giving them shaken chick syndrome. They are doing really well, and they are a week old now.

The third chick hatched late on the 21st day, and the 4th chick was pipped and working on hatching. I literally could no longer stay awake to watch the 3rd dry and the 4th hatch. I went to bed and woke up a few hours later and the 3rd was resting, but would wake up and chirp and then rest again. The 4th was further along, but not quite hatched. No other eggs were pipped at this point. So I dozed off on the couch right next to the incubator and woke up maybe an hour later and both 3 and 4 were dead.

I am absolutely beside myself. Trying to figure out if I did something wrong! They were alive. and not only did one die, but they both died.

I do not really have much hope for the 2 remaining eggs. They are not moving like the others did.

On day 25, I called it. Unplugged the incubator :( I checked the remaining eggs and 2 of them were fully developed, one had pipped the membrane, but not the shell...the yolk looks like it did not fully absorb. The other egg looks as though the membrane was still attached to the chick? If that makes sense.

I REALLY wish I would have checked the temps/humidity with another source. Has anyone had a problem with the Incuview?

Oh @Acornewell I am so so sorry this happened :-( I know how you feel. I have only been hatching a short time so I am hardly an authority on what happened. My first guess would be maybe a genetic thing like the chicks mother ? Vitamin deficiency maybe? No matter what it was you probably wont feel better so I extend some love from the universe. I also have an Incuview and it has been brilliant so dont give up friend!

Back
Top Bottom