Incuview Incubator

Hi folks, I'm about to incubate in my incuview again. This time around I shelled out for a humidikit, a refurbished model. All I can say is wow, what a cool gadget. Today I set everything up to get it stabilized for my hatch.

I currently have the humidifier set to kick on when humidity gets down to 27% and it turns off when it gets to 30%. It's clicking on and off like clockwork, working like a charm.

I also drilled a second ventilation hole in the incuview lid. So I have the humidikit in one hole and a plug in the second hole, but I can remove the plug and have extra airflow if needed. The humidikit delivers air along with moisture, but I figure it only does so when it's kicked on and it only kicks on in cycles. Anyhow, just wanted to share in case anyone else has struggled with humidity in their incuview. It's really a no brainer now.

Ooooo..... Brave!!
Any details on that?

Lol, yes it was scary but there were no mishaps. I kept the lid right side up and made a small pilot hole with my dremel. I expanded it to the limits of my dremel bits and then had to get the big guns. I wanted the hole to be the same size as the original which required one of the largest bits we have. I'd drill a bit and then stop to clean off the bit and make sure it wasn't getting hot, then drill some more. It's very important to choose a spot that leaves room for the drill bit to go down alongside the control module without actually hitting it. Thankfully it worked.
20180926_133822.jpg

Attachments

• 20180926_133822.jpg
    20180926_133822.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 0
It's very important to choose a spot that leaves room for the drill bit to go down alongside the control module without actually hitting it.
Yes, indeed!
Regular twist bits can catch and crack plastic.... I'd be tempted to do a small pilot hole with a twist bit then use a grinder bit to enlarge.
Brave brave.....it looks great!

Yes, indeed!
Regular twist bits can catch and crack plastic.... I'd be tempted to do a small pilot hole with a twist bit then use a grinder bit to enlarge.
Brave brave.....it looks great!

I did the opposite, started with grinder bits and finished with twist bits. It was what I had. It's thick hard plastic but some of it may have been luck. As I was finishing I thought, geez am I really about to mess up my incubator the day before setting eggs?

Art, do you have an Incaview ??
what % humidity do you run at ?
Incuview, yes. I keep it between about 30-45% during first 18 days, adjusting by tracking air cells...then bump it up to about 70-80% after the first pip or when air cells are of a size.

I did the opposite, started with grinder bits and finished with twist bits. It was what I had. It's thick hard plastic but some of it may have been luck. As I was finishing I thought, geez am I really about to mess up my incubator the day before setting eggs?
Ahhh...good move. Twist bits were probably cutting more at edges than points. Yeah, not sure what kind of plastic it is, but not the terribly brittle kind.
Brave, Brave Woman :bow :lol:

Am surprised that they don't put 2 holes in....one for their humidity machine and one for oxygen influx

So, it's just plastic and not even glass??? At least Incuview isn't ridiculous with their prices like R-Com or Brinsea.... it's somewhat reasonable, the Incuview's price tag.

Back
Top Bottom