Incuview Incubator

Maybe I should just move the incubator to another location because it is running too warm now, according to my acurite thermometer/hygrometer it's running consistently at 100-101. This same thermometer reads 99 in a Brinsea and NR360, so I feel like it's accurate. It's not located near a vent now but is in a corner, so maybe cool air is collecting and the incubator believes it needs to warm more?

It's absolutely worth it to try a different location with different air circulation. Location made a big difference for me. If your new location is also 69-73F I still recommend the 70-80 setting. Fingers crossed for you!

when I am setting up my incubators , I set them up at 100F to 101F with NO WATER in them.
that looks like what you have.
Once the temperature is stable I add water and the temperature comes down to where I leave it.
room temperature has little to do with a good incubator.
60F to 80F in a room should make no difference.
My 3 sportsmans are in a basement room where the temperature is 60F year round.
with all three running, the temperature in the room gets up to 80F. the temperature in the incubators stay where they are supposed to.
long story short, add some water.
do not depend on the ambient humidity .

This is what I'm hoping. I'm going to add water now and see how it does overnight. I wasn't able to move the incubator today as I planned because they other place just isn't ideal, at all. I got the foam cut out to cover the tray table I have the incubator set on, but then I worried about adding insulation. I certainly don't need more heat. I did put my Producer's Pride Brooder Thermometer in the Incuview and it's also saying 101, like the acurite. I am worried that I will have to set the eggs that arrived today, into another incubator. I'll see how things go tonight with adding water and reassess in the morning. I'm definitely NOT ready to give up on Incuview. I have more eggs due to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday), and at the latest Wednesday. Maybe those can go into the Incuview. I am so grateful for the help I'm finding in this thread. That's one of the main reasons I am still so confident in this incubator. Thank you all so much. I'll let you know how it's looking in the morning.

The main thing is if the incubator holds the same temperature consistently. Adjust the setting on the Incuview until your known-to-be-accurate thermometer reads 99.5. If it holds that consistently, then you’re good.

One thing I have noticed with mine, is that the temperature on the floor of the Incuview will be cooler than at the top of the eggs, even though it is circulated air. I have a ThermoWorks cooking thermometer like Aart’s, and I usually check the temp at the top of egg level. I also have a metal and glass “brooder” thermometer from Tractor Supply laying on the floor. Right now my floor thermometer reads 98, the top of egg one reads 99.7 and the display on the Incuview reads 99.0. (I have it set for 98.5- as I’ve been typing this, it has varied between 98.5 and 99.1)

Edit: I should probably also mention that when I put the probe end of the Thermo Works all the way to the floor, it also reads 98, like the glass one laying there.

Last edited:
Oh, and what good is an incubator thread without pictures!
FB070351-9104-4BD3-96F4-FA1F79C83A3C.jpeg
B5F7E3FE-A64D-47F6-83E5-5B069A41E8A7.jpeg

Those bags are crazy!
Any trouble with feet/toes getting caught up in them?
No, not feet or toes. Beaks get snagged a lot, but I’ve been happy to note that they always manage to pull their beaks back in. :D
I’ve tried a lot of different “pedigree” methods, and this one may just be my keeper method. The bags come super long, so I cut them to the size I want and use a twistie tie to close them. (2 twistie ties for the half that gets cut away from the sealed end.)
When I do lockdown, I write a list of what eggs are in each bag, and I use colored twistie ties to differentiate the bags. Then I use color coded zip ties to I.D. the chicks.
Now THAT is a pain, keeping an eye on which age group of chicks needs their bands changed before they get too tight! 🙇‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom