Incuview Incubator

My picture doesn't want to upload but I will continue trying

I've had it out of the packaging so the sleeve that the probe goes into is here. I just kept it off because I figured it would work better in this type of situation without the hard sleeve.
I used to mess with comparing all my therms to a human medical therm....
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...incubator-thermometers-and-hygrometers.73634/

until I got this one...https://www.thermoworks.com/RT301WA.....

This one
20200626_162704.jpg

Last edited:
I keep a Brinsea as a back up, but I've never set it up. I know I should, but learning the ins and outs of a new incubator is a pain at first.
I just can’t imagine investing money in an incubator and then not using it. Brinseas are not cheap! What if it’s a lemon or there is something that needs to be replaced right out of the box? At the very least, you should make sure it works properly while it’s still in its guarantee period.

But there is just something not right about keeping an unfilled incubator. What kind of hatching addict are you? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 🤣

I just can’t imagine investing money in an incubator and then not using it. Brinseas are not cheap! What if it’s a lemon or there is something that needs to be replaced right out of the box? At the very least, you should make sure it works properly while it’s still in its guarantee period.

But there is just something not right about keeping an unfilled incubator. What kind of hatching addict are you? 🤷🏼‍♀️ 🤣

LOL, I let hens hatch most of my chicks and they're happy to do it. I've hatched 6 broods this season and only one was in an incubator. The Brinsea is used so no guarantee, but the seller set it up and sent me a video of it working before I purchased it.

I take it you used the automatic turner and removed it for hatch time? I just ordered 50 quail eggs myself. Did you have plenty of room for the 50?
I had no issues with the egg turner, however capacity is closer to 48/49 if you want it to effectively turn all of the eggs. I started the incubation with 58 eggs and had to hand turn some for the first week before I removed some obvious duds and freed up some space. The quail eggs did tend to lose their horizontal alignment with the turning tray, but that didn't seem to affect the hatch rate.

I was concerned about the humidity being too high where I live (tropics). Ambient humidity in my home is always in the mid to upper 70's and temperature is typically 78-85F. I did a completely dry hatch and the humidity levels in my incubator were steady around 45% up until lockdown. I really liked the ease of calibration with this unit, also being able to adjust for different room temperatures was helpful. I've had issues with elevated incubation temps with other models.

Back
Top Bottom