Indian Runner Ducklings... and one looks TUFTED?

marathonmultiplesmom

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Chehalis, WA
I got the indian runner eggs on trade. I found the seller on ebay and she has been extremely friendly, and helpful. In addition we had a great hatch!
But one little duckling looks tufted to me. This is my first year with any ducks. I have runner ducks from someone else that are a few weeks old. I plan to flock them together with the geese... so far so good on the older ones with the adult geese. I have geese and several breeds of chickens that I raise and breed for various purposes.

I need a duck expert to look at these ducklings and tell me what you think? Just a funny down? Or some kind of tuft? Maybe some recessive gene passed down from generations ago? The seller does show photos of her adults and none that I saw look tufted.

All in all I had a wonderful experience. The ducklings are healthy and cute and I got lots of extra eggs.

Here is a link to the sellers current ebay listing showing her adult ducks:
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-INDIAN-RUNNE...ltDomain_0&hash=item19c5f06483#ht_2834wt_1082

See pics of all ducks followed by the "tufted" one with another of similar markings.
May2011124.jpg

May2011129.jpg

May2011127.jpg

May2011128.jpg

LOL ive been looking at her duck eggs for sale on ebay and have been thinking of buying some
big_smile.png
nice to see that you had a good hatch! ive been kind of tossing and turning about it cause of the distance. but if you're in washington then they had a ways to travel to you aswell. but you still had a good hatch. hmmm...
big_smile.png

Quote:
I'm so happy with them. Really nice seller and I got a wide variety of colors. One is all yellow, I think it will end up white. Others are brown, black or black and yellow. They will be fun to watch. I highly recommend the seller. All of the eggs arrived in good shape and 15 of 18 started developing. I hatched 10. There are still 5 that have not pipped. I am waiting for one goose egg to finish hatching before I crack them open and make sure they are not stuck or something. I guess I could get more but I think it's going to be 10. Only 8 are shown in these photos here. There are 2 drying in the incubator. Today was supposed to be hatch day but most hatched yesterday.

Quote:
I'm so happy with them. Really nice seller and I got a wide variety of colors. One is all yellow, I think it will end up white. Others are brown, black or black and yellow. They will be fun to watch. I highly recommend the seller. All of the eggs arrived in good shape and 15 of 18 started developing. I hatched 10. There are still 5 that have not pipped. I am waiting for one goose egg to finish hatching before I crack them open and make sure they are not stuck or something. I guess I could get more but I think it's going to be 10. Only 8 are shown in these photos here. There are 2 drying in the incubator. Today was supposed to be hatch day but most hatched yesterday.

good info to know! thank you!
clap.gif
i will def be less nervous about it now if i end up purchasing some from her!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom