Indian Runner Info?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Jadecinadr96, Jun 4, 2019.

1. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    My Daisy (male) would snuggle with me every night before bed. He would take his big orange bill and nuzzel it into my neck and just go to sleep in my arms. Sadly he got killed but he was my best boy ever and I miss him a lot!

quackiemama likes this.
  2. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, he doesnt run away as much when you go to pick him up... like he is just kinda like "yupp, its happening" and lets you snuggle him and pet his beak. Its cute. <3 I told myself I would continue to hold him everyday for at least 5 minutes a day so he stays "used to it" lol. The female will let you hold if you can catch her - but then you HAVE to sing/hum to keep her calm lol ;)

3. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Oh no, that is so sad :( I am so sorry to hear that. Yeah, I wish it was easier to just pick them up and snuggle them but sometimes it is tricky trying to pick them up, lol.

4. DuckyDonna

DuckyDonna Free Ranging

Aug 26, 2018
    Dallas, Georgia
    that's true, now all the ones I have run from me but I will pick a couple up occasionally and hold them. Not the same as Daisy though. They are always ready to leap off my lap. I hatched so many this year that they all hate me already because I haven't had any time to hold them with 11!

quackiemama and Miss Lydia like this.
  5. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Oh darn :( Yeah I understand how you wouldn't have time - that is alot! We only have 2 runners and 10 chickens. First time owners of each too.

6. quackiemama

quackiemama Crowing

Dec 26, 2018
    MARYLAND
    My runners are very sweet but they do NOT like me to hold them anymore but if I sit out there with them they will forage right around my feed and let me pet them (sometimes) but then they will all gather and lay down on my feet for naptime. They are the most excited to see me every single time I walk past the window or go outside. I have not found a treat yet that they do not devour although watermelon was quite scary the first time I put it in their run. I hope you enjoy their fun personalities. And excellent layers.

7. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    I am loving their personalities so far. Very funny to watch! We thought we had pekins when we got them as babies so it was sad to find out they were runners...however now I am glad we have runners instead :) everything happens for a reason. you can tell they love me lots but also like to do their own thing!

DuckyDonna and Miss Lydia like this.
  8. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    ducks 2.jpg

Attached Files:

quackiemama likes this.
  9. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life

They are very pretty. I just got Fawn an White this past April. I love them. My other colors are black, blue and silver.

DuckyDonna and quackiemama like this.
  10. Jadecinadr96

Jadecinadr96 Songster

Mar 25, 2019
    Wisconsin
    Oh wonderful <3 <3 Yes I love the color. Its like they are caramel colored :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: