Indian Runners Go to School (pics)

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
I took two of my Indian Runner Ducks to my classroom today. They visited quite a few other classrooms too. Students drew pictures of the ducks during art class. I will have to take them back sometime soon. I know that I am hooked. I had my school picture taken today holding one of the ducks. : ) Tia

28584_ducks_3.jpg

28584_ducks_2.jpg

28584_ducks_1.jpg

28584_duck_drawing.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a 5th grade teacher. I started out hatching ducklings in the classroom every spring. I made arrangements before we hatched the duckling for their new home. Then last year got a new incubator and hatched some Indian Runners at home. I decided to keep these myself for eggs, and just because I like them. I wanted the students to see what the ducks were like full grown.

Tia

I wish I had had one like you! LOL

Your babies are so adorable...and not skittish! And that sketch looks darn good too!

Wow if i took my ducks to school, i would get excluded and have the police on me for bringing lifestock or any animal for that matter into a public school
sad.png
bloody health and saftey lol

I love them, I think its great that you are doing this with the students. So many of them would never know the joy and sweetness of having a duck in their midst!!! I think you sound like an awesome teacher!!!

Back
Top Bottom