Indiana 2010 Chickenstock-2011 NEWS!!

If anyone would be intrested, I need to part with some import blood lined light sussex adults. The good news is they are all split with the rare lavender coronation gene.....the catch is they are basicly all roo's. I have a ratio of 7 boys to 3 hens in my breeding room and that is about 5 too many for me, 3 of which are actually full blooded coronations. Search my user name on youtube to find a video I have of them if your at all interested. I can take pics upon request as well. They just need new homes, or its the soup pot for them.....and that would be some expensive soup! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
That's funny, I just bid on some light sussex eggs yesterday! They are very pretty birds. We only need hens for our layer pen though. Have been needing to add to the layer pen for a while now and with everything else we've had going on we're just now getting around to it.

Quote:
LOL! It was Rob writing that time.
lau.gif
Not that it matters.
I've been on here checking my "Honey Do List" hehe. Lots of work goes into this
wink.png
(Rob wipes sweat from his brow.....whew!)

Last edited:
Quote:
Now see, I think that would be good publicity, and it would give us chicken owners a voice to tell people that don't own chickens that they really do make wonderful pets, and are great to own for so many different reasons, and that they aren't the stinky, nasty creatures that so many people seem to think they are. Shoot, if they were to come out, I have the perfect hen to act as spokesperson. She is so dang docile and good natured. She goes bike riding and riding on the motor scooter with the kids, as well as for car rides and wagon rides, lol. I'd bring her along just for that!

Quote:
Will cut a deal if anyone can help me out, need the extra room. I dnt want to have to kill them

Are you selling just roos, or hens too? I might be interested. I've been considering Light Sussex.

Quote:
Will cut a deal if anyone can help me out, need the extra room. I dnt want to have to kill them

Are you selling just roos, or hens too? I might be interested. I've been considering Light Sussex.

I could possibly let a younger pullet go...but its gonna cost you lol. Its mainly the roo's that need to go, but since they all have a copy of the Lav gene, it makes them worth at least a little something

Back
Top Bottom