Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by jchny2000, Jul 21, 2014.

1. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Hope we can attend this year , since we missed last year. the month of may sounds better to me than aug/sept, but whatever date is set, we will try to get there.

2. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I found a nice shirt maker online if our prior shirt maker is not an option.

1 person likes this.
  3. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN

So you're saying Racin is sandbagging? Hmmmm...interesting...

4. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    I plan to work towards a tentative date after the holidays. We need a few folks willing to be part of the planning committee. I will be glad to help with it also. We have @barb s and @Minminme volunteering to work on the food committee so we don't have too much! There was a lot of left over food last year. We have discussed swapping and any chicken trains that are needed to be worked in also. I think its great to utilize the meet to help others get the birds they want without driving across the state.This is a good time to think about any demonstrations that are an interest to members also. Fermented Feed, Sprouting, Mealworms, and even processing. Other types of poultry. Lots of other topics could be a hands on. Or we can just get together and have a good time!
    @SallyinIndiana has found a very interesting T-shirt opportunity that will help fund this years fest. She had a very simple design to use as a test, and it looks fantastic IMO. I would still like to see tank tops and hoodies available also [​IMG] But am happy with a T shirt too [​IMG] My main goal is to be able to meet up with some of our members from the northern part of our state, and those who are honorary Indiana BYC'ers too! Next year, I will target Southern Indiana also. There is no reason we can't have 2 fests! I know of several nice parks in the southern part of our state.
    After the holidays have passed, think about what would be fun for your family. What do you really want to take away from a chickenfest? For me, its putting faces to a name I have talked to, and meeting someone that gave me that "AHHHH I GET IT" moment. It gives me the chance to say thank you in person. I learn from everyone a little bit every day. Most of all, just the opportunity to meet all of you in person.

6. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    The site has hoodies but the cost is more than a shirt. Lots of sizes available colors too. The starting price is about $25 though. As fast as my children grow, I would not be getting them hoodies but I would get 2, 1 for me and 1 for DH. The sweat shirt color would be independent of the T-shirt color so it might provide more options as well.
    Tank tops are available in adult sizes. They are a bit more than T-shirts, funny since there is less material. The tank top colors are again independent of the other items, so we could make every thing match or offer a few colors. The fund raising requires a few more shirts (items) than a standard order but includes shipping to the individual buyer.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. hanakimi

hanakimi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2012
    Hamilton County, IN
    Any way to have the t-shirts be printed on long sleeves?

8. SallyinIndiana

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana
    I think it depends on demand. We need to get a small survey going. Maybe pick the 2 most desired items to use for the fund raiser and then do some small orders of the other items. Minimum orders start at 6 identical items (sizes may vary) for the small non fund raising orders. But then once the order has the 6 items they have to be shipped out to the buyers at the expense of the person placing the order. Small orders get pricey fast. I was looking into a small order for matching family shirts, I chose to hold off ordering for just my family. I'm going to try and get extended family in the order too.

9. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

1 person likes this.
  10. pginsber

pginsber Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    For whatever style we order, I'm in for at least 2 shirts.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by