Indiana BYCers chickenfest 2015

Can you re-post the particulars of the chicken fest (days, times, location, etc.) again.... I don't want to have to skim back through to find
hide.gif

Can you re-post the particulars of the chicken fest (days, times, location, etc.) again.... I don't want to have to skim back through to find
hide.gif
Chickenfest will be on Saturday, June 27 in Goshen. The original plan was that we would host here at our farm. However, with concerns about biosecurity and now the Avian Influenza, as an alternate location I have reserved our church's fellowship hall for our gathering -- still in Goshen. We will have plenty of space for gathering inside as well as out. We'd love to have everyone come to our place, but Barb, Janet & I feel this new arrangement is probably in everyone's best interests this year!

What is the chickenfest?
Does it cost admission?
What do you discuss?
Chickenfest is a gathering of chicken-type people who mostly frequent this thread. This will be our 3rd annual gathering. We are trying to hit different areas around the state so more people can attend. Year 1 was central, year 2 was east, this year is north near Goshen. Anyone interested is welcome to come.

No admission fee, although we are having a couple fund raisers to try to raise money to pay for supplies and other incidentals.

Chickens! of course, and whatever else comes to mind. No topic is really off limits as long as it is family friendly. We are hoping to have some demos this year. Fermented food, aquaponics and raising mealworms have been suggested as well as some others.

Back
Top Bottom