INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. EmilyOfIndiana

EmilyOfIndiana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Centrail Indiana
    Anyone know where I can get some good, Cochin eggs or young hens? I only need one or two. Figured I would ask here before I went and looked to order some. :)

2. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    There you go. Problem solved.

John

2 people like this.
  3. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN

Good luck with the new chicks

Shawna- my mil is awesome. You can borrow her anytime. She too thought my chickens were in the house too long (they were) but was funny about it!

My aunt used to do that naked thig when answering the door. Stopped us from coming over for years, lol.

4. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Your comment reminded me of a story my son-in-law told me about his trumpet playing days.

He was on the band accompanying Carol Chaning in Indianapolis some years back.

Her manager said "Carol does a lot of quick costume changes. She doesn't bother with a dressing room. Some of you guys may be tempted to take a quick peek. I advise against it. Think about a couple of oranges in a couple of socks."

John

5. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    You sir, are the winner. Look for a dozen eggs in the mail, any time soon now. If you don't get any thru the mail, check your flock for delivery!

Senator Claghorn spoke was known for some windy speeches, and he had a nice southern drawl. I got the info from watching some Loony Toons DVDs we have, with some over-commentary talking about specific characters.

I think of Foghorn Leghorn whenever I see our roosters out and about.

6. Old Salt 1945

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 6 Buff Cochin. 3 pullets, 3 roosters. They are 2 months, 10 days old. $30 if you want them. I live in Lebanon, 25 NW of Indy.

John

7. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Ah knew, ah say ah knew ah shoulda stipulated that no internet look up would count on this game now, son. Back in my day, there was no such thing as the internet. At least until Al invented it.

John, you must skip one day from donut diving.

8. EmilyOfIndiana

EmilyOfIndiana Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2013
    Centrail Indiana
    beautiful beautiful babies. let me speak with my father and I will get back to you on that one. I have a bantam cochin already that has such a beautiful temper that I figured I would look into some more :) I'm from Columbus so 40/50 minutes south of Indy

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  9. SallyinIndiana

SallyinIndiana Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2012
    Bargersville, Indiana

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  10. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Emilyofindy- I think my neighbor/ friend has some Cochins. Not sure if he has LF or Banty. W live east of Columbus.

I've been cleaning out my nests. I like and so do my girls...soft grass hay. Had some from a couple of years ago and it's Thierry fav. Tried straw they don't seem to like it or shavings either.

And yes my leghorn( who was supposed to be a girl) is aptly named Foghorn!! And is a very "randy" boy!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by