INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Glad you are so excited about new babies! Would like to caution you about buying eggs from ebay though. I would advise trolling the Cochin forums and talking to people there instead.

2. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    Great. Now I want a Cochin. ;)

3. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Maybe I've been lucky, but I have bought quite a few eggs from eBay with great success. Anytime I've hd an issue, sellers took care of it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    [​IMG] Hello and welcome. Very fast moving thread here, so be ready for that. Great looking flock in this picture.
    [​IMG]No no no. No roosters needed around here!
    My DW is getting used to the idea of no rooster, and it sure is quiet around here. I'd take him back in an instant if he'd always be nice, crow only 5x/day and look out for his ladies nicely. Maybe we can come over for a visit/visits?

5. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    I ran out of time to get the extra chicken. Had to get back before they closed all the roads down around my house after the Brickyard 400.

And about the raptors, yeah when they look directly at you, it's like they are sizing you up as a meal.

6. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lazy day on the farm. It so much as sprinkles and these girls are perched. ;) One of these lovelies is guilty of laying an egg today. [​IMG] Sorry I got bored. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] This is the death from above stare. I don't think they like their bottoms photographed. [​IMG]

[​IMG] I'm biased she's my favorite.

[​IMG] Not to beat a dead horse, but someone please concur that she is brown! Lol I have a chocolate Australorp. I don't care what anyone says [​IMG]

[​IMG] My best girl again. Miss Lavender

[​IMG] And of course my Gus, he's a good boy, most of the time.

2 people like this.
  7. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    She is definitely brown and very pretty.

8. kabhyper1

Thank you DarthLayer! Now go to the Australorp thread and tell them they are wrong. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Very pretty! I love brown/chocolate colored chickens.

10. kabhyper1

Apparently it is nearly impossible to have a Chocolate Australorp. I know she is pure bred so It's not 100% impossible. Just getting anyone to believe it has been a challenge.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by