INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    I took some pictures this evening, I thought I would share. :D

Iddy Biddy bird the supposed-to-be Speckled Sussex:

[​IMG]

Debra Jo, my spurred Barred Rock hen:

[​IMG]

Freema the Barred Rock and Betty the Easter-egger settling in for the night:

[​IMG]

Frou-Frou, my beloved fuzzy-butted blue splash Marans! :love

[​IMG]

"Who are you callin' fuzzy-butted?"

[​IMG]

Little Rosie the Golden Sebright:

[​IMG]

Sparrow Wyandotte, running away of course. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

And some cherry tomatoes on the vine, just because. :drool

[​IMG]

2. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Oh, and Rangi!! :D

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    kaphyper~ The egg you posted looks like one that my SLW lays. Btw, your photos you posted of your flock and your main man, Gus, are wonderful! They are lucky birds. Yes, I'd say you have a Chocolate Australorp! (I like how you suggested that Darth Layer go tell the Australorp thread! Chicken! haha)
    pipd~ You posted this photo the other day and your black beauty named Po reminded of another black beauty-- my cat nephew, Poe, named after E.A.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Speaking of a black beauty, today I had Violet and Adeline outside with me in the front while the hens were in the back fenced-in yard. I thought. I looked over and saw Jersey strolling up the hill so I grabbed Violet and quickly put her inside. Jersey casually walked up to Adeline-- and suddenly did the rooster side step dance! I scolded her and she sauntered off -- until I grabbed her and made sure the back gate was securely shut. Whenever I've had Jersey out in the front with me like the photo below, many people who've been out for a walk have called her a rooster. Maybe there's a reason she does the rooster dance and fakes laying eggs. Hmmm
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    AM astnad for ameraucanas.

I went to muskegon. I guess I should of been more specific I have been to mighigan before, but to a different area and it was nice. All the cars I saw people drving there looked brand new. Maybe just the hotel was in a bad location, but the building around it accept for another hotel didnt look nice (under exaggerating on the buildings). But I did drive through one really nice area which is where I met the nice guy that gave me directions. There was a really cool house that was painted bright blue and orange! I was suprised it didnt look ugly, but it needed some lime green to go with it.

5. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    we lived in michigan for 5 years while my DH went to college. WE HATED IT! we were near ann arbor.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Really! I was afraid that someone was going to mad that I said I didnt like it. Honestly I pretty much hated it too, but michigan adventure (a theme park) was pretty fun. But No way would I live. They have the most screwed up driving system. What stat incourages u-turns?!. Were I was at you couldnt turn left. I dont know if all of michigan is like that or not, but that is weird.

7. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! Yeah maybe someone else can convince the Australorp thread that I'm not crazy Ha! J/K You wouldn't believe how frustrating it has been, even with pictures, to prove my theory about her. [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh well, my Indiana friends on here can see in color. [​IMG] Beautiful kitty btw!

And to pipd, I just got my black bantam cochin Oliver back, and I'm so glad I did. They are just the sweetest birds. My standard blue cochin hen is a sweet heart too.

8. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I think she is chocolate too. Sometimes people just wont agree they are wrong. O well at least you know what she is.

9. CRSelvey

CRSelvey Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2013
    Greencastle, IN
    Hi Everyone!
    Congratulations on your egg!!!!!!
    Congratulations on your egg too Vicki! What hours are you open on Saturday? We are heading up to Noblesville on Saturday and might stop by for some veggies.
    Old Salt- John, I just want to thank you again for the Cochins and the Wyandotte. I have not named any of them yet, but they are just so gorgeous. They are so clear eyed and fluffy. You can tell that they have been well cared for at your house. I think they were asking for donuts this morning, but I didn't have any around. I hope you and weed whacker willie are both on the mend.

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you!

I'm picking up my blue standard Cochin cockerel I had initially traded for my blue Silkies on Friday. Lavender, my blue hen, (in pics) never quite acted the same when we re-homed him. I did it because we were over run with boys. Since we got rid of the rest of the boys as of a couple weeks ago, Gus is the only one left with the hens. He acted better when there were other boys with him, so we are bringing Blue Berry home. I do hope they get along. They are the same age, were raised together for the first couple of months and neither have spurs yet. They will go in with our 6 Large fowl hens. I may have to get a few more hens if my ratio isn't good enough. My birds free range as they want on a secure half acre, and Gus only has interest in 2 of the hens. He pretty much ignores the other 4. He and one SL/ Wyandotte hen are together all the time while the other hens stay by themselves. Any words of wisdom from you guys on integrating him back in? The lady that has him sent me a pic here he is...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by