INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Ok so my phone went swimming (fell in the toilet) does anyone have a T-Mobile phone I can have??? I don't care if its Touch screen or not I just need a phone to stay incontact with my dad .....my phone is in rice right now just my touch screen wont work

Racinchikins: We bought our Cream Legbars from Jordan Farms. Yes, they are beautiful girls with awesome puffs. Their personalities are really something, too. We have 3 CLs Aretha (18wks), JLo and MsJackson (16 wks).

I'm worried about JLo. She's a little large for her age, but her comb & wattles say she's no where near laying. Yesterday, she kept herself in the coop, on the floor. She slept on the floor too, instead of the roost. Her eyes look fine, no visible mites, she doesn't feel feverish (don't laugh--I have no idea what I'm doing), essentially there's nothing visibly wrong with her. She let me pick her up, and I felt all over her. I put her on her back and looked at and felt all over her tummy and butt. I imagined if she was egg bound or some other problem that I'd be able to see some signs of something. I saw nothing. I haven't seen her droppings, so I can't offer any info about that.

The books I have don't say anything about a chicken sitting on the floor. She acts as though she's broody. We put some watermelon rind in front of her and she ate from it. There's food and water inside the coop, but she's got herself stuffed in the corner on the floor. She was fine until yesterday morning. This is the chicken that will charge the fence at the dog, so she's normally full of energy and curiousity.

HELP--any ideas about JLo?
fl.gif

Last edited:
browncow15, CCCCCCCCHICKENS, thunder chicken, and webechickens. I will let you know I'm located in Porter County (northwest indiana) if you are still interested in the EEs please PM for more information. Thanks!

Racinchikins: We bought our Cream Legbars from Jordan Farms. Yes, they are beautiful girls with awesome puffs. Their personalities are really something, too. We have 3 CLs Aretha (18wks), JLo and MsJackson (16 wks).

I'm worried about JLo. She's a little large for her age, but her comb & wattles say she's no where near laying. Yesterday, she kept herself in the coop, on the floor. She slept on the floor too, instead of the roost. Her eyes look fine, no visible mites, she doesn't feel feverish (don't laugh--I have no idea what I'm doing), essentially there's nothing visibly wrong with her. She let me pick her up, and I felt all over her. I put her on her back and looked at and felt all over her tummy and butt. I imagined if she was egg bound or some other problem that I'd be able to see some signs of something. I saw nothing. I haven't seen her droppings, so I can't offer any info about that.

The books I have don't say anything about a chicken sitting on the floor. She acts as though she's broody. We put some watermelon rind in front of her and she ate from it. There's food and water inside the coop, but she's got herself stuffed in the corner on the floor. She was fine until yesterday morning. This is the chicken that will charge the fence at the dog, so she's normally full of energy and curiousity.

HELP--any ideas about JLo?
fl.gif
Another piece of info--My 18 wk old CL, Aretha, laid our/her first egg on Sunday. I got another egg today (Thursday). Same size, maybe slightly smaller, but a slightly different shade of blue. The egg was in the middle of the floor, about a foot from where JLo was laying. Surely, there's not a possibility JLo laid the second egg--is there?

Could she have just been
Racinchikins: We bought our Cream Legbars from Jordan Farms. Yes, they are beautiful girls with awesome puffs. Their personalities are really something, too. We have 3 CLs Aretha (18wks), JLo and MsJackson (16 wks). I'm worried about JLo. She's a little large for her age, but her comb & wattles say she's no where near laying. Yesterday, she kept herself in the coop, on the floor. She slept on the floor too, instead of the roost. Her eyes look fine, no visible mites, she doesn't feel feverish (don't laugh--I have no idea what I'm doing), essentially there's nothing visibly wrong with her. She let me pick her up, and I felt all over her. I put her on her back and looked at and felt all over her tummy and butt. I imagined if she was egg bound or some other problem that I'd be able to see some signs of something. I saw nothing. I haven't seen her droppings, so I can't offer any info about that. The books I have don't say anything about a chicken sitting on the floor. She acts as though she's broody. We put some watermelon rind in front of her and she ate from it. There's food and water inside the coop, but she's got herself stuffed in the corner on the floor. She was fine until yesterday morning. This is the chicken that will charge the fence at the dog, so she's normally full of energy and curiousity. HELP--any ideas about JLo?
fl.gif
Could it have been her getting too hot? I know my chickens all act a little lethargic on a hot day. Maybe some electrolytes to give her a boost and keep and eye on her.

They are beautiful birds! Congrats
Thanks!

Ha ha. All the cars look brand new bc they rust out so quickly.
I grew up in South Bend. We always knew to look out for Michigan drivers, it seemed they were so much worse then the IN drivers. Really can't be true, but it seemed like anyone with a Michigan plate got their license from K-Mart. And the U-turns? It's called a Michigan left, we have one just north of Indpls. Instead of turning left at the big stop light intersection, you go thru to the next light a bit up the street, do a u-turn, then turn right at the intersection you wanted to turn left. Supposed to cut down on traffic waiting times and wrecks. Of course it was more expensive then planned.
Ya, they do. I saw someone had their truck painted in this stuff that wasnt suppose to rust but usually people paint over it or something that is what m dad told me I really know nothing about vehicles, I think he said it was called rhino something?. 3 people alsmost side swipped us on the highway. And there were 2 recks on the highway on the way back. I found the whole mighigan left thing, annoying. I am good at waiting at lights. It was just a pain in the butt. we would have to drive past where our hotel then turn around . Then we would have to try to get over to the road fartherest on the right. We would slow down the cars dont get out of the way we speed up the cars dont get out of the way. At Michigan adventure we were talking and this ride operater over heard us. And she said you guys arent from here, we said no and she asked us where. I said Indiana. She was like o. (i didnt say anything but I wanted to ask what she meant by that).

Back
Top Bottom