INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Aw! Pretty kitty! :D Po baby is named after a Kakapo named Weheruatanga o te Po, which is Maori for 'middle of the night'. The word Po on its own is 'night', which I thought would be the perfect nickname for him. :)

2. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    where we were you could turn LEFT on RED! we were hesitant to do it, until several cars did it including a cop. and if you sat more than .05 sec when it turned green they let you know it. so glad we got out. we did take a weekend vacation to Mackinaw Island. very beautiful! would have loved to see it in snow

3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I like taking vacations to other parts of indiana lol! Holiday world is fun!

4. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    They are beautiful birds! Congrats

5. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    You sweet kitty reminded my of my lil Pontiac. I got her as a tiny kitten curled up on a car engine. she lived to be 17, and was so precious to me.
    Your JG looks hen to me, but get a good saddle pic, sides and top. Look for pointed feathers

[​IMG] Love all your babies, those tomatoes made me hungry!

6. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    jchny~ I don't really think Jersey is a rooster because shortly after we got her a little over a year ago she laid a lash egg. A few times after that she laid stuff that look just like scrambled eggs. I'm sure we're lucky to have her since she could have had complications. Since those episodes, she just sits on the nest and acts like she's laying. As far as the rooster sideways shuffle, I suppose since she's the head hen and there's no roo, she had to show her dominance when she saw Adeline. Jersey normally is so laid back-- she's like those types of people who are so calm most of the time, but occasionally lose it!

7. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Looks a lot like my GLWs

8. jchny2000

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA

9. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    If you clip only 1 wing, they will fly up a couple of feet and, since they get more lift on 1 side than the other, will roll over in flight and fall back to earth. Very effective in keeping them from flying over short fences.

John

10. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Ha ha. All the cars look brand new bc they rust out so quickly.
    I grew up in South Bend. We always knew to look out for Michigan drivers, it seemed they were so much worse then the IN drivers. Really can't be true, but it seemed like anyone with a Michigan plate got their license from K-Mart. And the U-turns? It's called a Michigan left, we have one just north of Indpls. Instead of turning left at the big stop light intersection, you go thru to the next light a bit up the street, do a u-turn, then turn right at the intersection you wanted to turn left. Supposed to cut down on traffic waiting times and wrecks. Of course it was more expensive then planned.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by