Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    I love holiday world. I went on vaction there 2 years in a row. It was a couple years ago. I have always wanted to go to the Indy zoo.

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    I havent ever been to cedar point, but always sounded like fun. Michigan adventure is owned by cedar point. I live in Northern Indiana. Have you ever heard of liberty center? I used to live there then moved about 3 miles down the road and my address changed to Bluffton. Which I have always thought is dumb, because I still lave way closer to Liberty than bluffton lol.
  3. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    At sixteen weeks, I doubt you are having an egg problem, especially if her comb and wattles aren't right for laying. I definitely second Vicki's advice on keeping her hydrated with electrolytes and making sure she can eat and drink if she wants to. However, that is about the end of my experience, as I am also new to chickens. Hopefully there is someone else on here with more experience that may have some advice.

There is a also an emergency forum on here you can post to with questions on sick chickens. I would also do a search on BYC for lethargic chickens, and any other symptoms you can think of. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, but you may have to dig to find it. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I will be thinking of you and JLo. Please post any updates you can about her. Especially if you find out what the issue is so we can all learn from it.
  4. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    pginsber~ Watermelon has electrolytes, so don't just feed her the rind--- give her the red part, too. Also scramble an egg and feed it to her.
    My six year old nephew Poe thanks you for the compliments. My sister who lives in Lville adopted him a year ago from a rescue place in Shelbyville, KY in preparation for her 17 year old Maine Coon cat's impending death. Poe is a little skittish since he apparently didn't have a happy childhood; he especially doesn't like men. However, he has come a long way in a year and is very sweet. Happy ending. : - )
  5. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    awww my cat Peanut looked just like that. he was 16, and died at the beginning of summer :(
  6. HouseKat

HouseKat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    When I was in college in Indy - over 20 years ago - the worst drivers always seemed to have Ohio plates.
  7. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    love the picture of the handsome kitty M2H

So just wanted to know when poultry will be arriving at that state fair and if anyone will have chickens there. Don't want to miss the chickens at the state fair this yr!
  8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Ok, this will likely be one of the weirdest for sale ads, but thought maybe someone might be interested.
    I am looking to sell supplies to run your own fecal exams on your pets (at least I sure hope just pets lol!). Several years ago I worked at a vet clinic and learned how to run fecal exams. When I had a lot of reptiles, I found it to be cheaper for me to purchase everything and run them myself. Now that I've drastically cut back and not adding new reptiles, I no longer need this sitting in my closet.
    Listed below are the supplies included:
    Microscope (100x-400x with mechanical stage and dust cover)
    1/2 gal Fecal solution
    ~40 glass Slides
    Glass Cover slips
    68 10mL Test tubes
    ~200 Tongue depressors
    Fecal hook
    ~100 4x4 gauze sponges
    Reptile parasite chart by beautiful dragons
    "Understanding Reptile Parasites 2nd Edition" by Roger J. Klingenberg, DVM
    (The above book is currently selling for $75 used on amazon )

Only thing needed are cups to mix the fecal solution with the feces.
    With the reptile book and guide, I'm asking $150. I know they aren't quite helpful for chickens, but I know several others have reptiles on here. Without the book and guide, I'd sell for $100.
  9. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    Check-in is Sunday the 11th, must be cooped by noon on Monday. Judging Monday PM and Tuesday, released Wednesday AM. That's the open show; 4-H has a different schedule. You can find it on the state fair website.
  10. pbirdhaven

pbirdhaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    North Vernon IN
    I already whined to Vickichicki in a PM on another subject, but decided to whine here also. I had to take my African grey Artoo to the vet today and leave him there with a respiratory problem. He's my baby, and I'm super concerned.

To put in a plug for Hillview Vets in Franklin, there are 2 (I think 3 now) avian vets there. I have taken cockatiels, Artoo, peafowl, and chickens to them. They're great people and the rates are reasonable. They also treat exotic pets as well as the usual. Just thought I would let folks know that there is someone in the central Indiana area that will treat the birds.

On another note--love the pics that are posted. I don't seem to be able to take good ones but really enjoy looking at everyone else's.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by