INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Pbirdhaven- thanks for the schedule! I was going to ck it but we'll be on vacation for those dates! Bummer!!! And sorry to hear about Artoo. Didnt know you had an African. Good thoughts your way!!;)

2. Webechickens

Webechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    Hey, you find a BO roo yet? If not, I have an approx. 17wk cockerel I'd love to rehome. He's "ready to roll" if you know what I mean. I live 15 min. east of Muncie. Would be happy to meet you in Anderson or really anywhere if you'd like him.

3. BackyardBitten

BackyardBitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    pBird~~ Thank you so much for the sched and srry to hear about Artoo!

sittin here sippin on some pink chicken wine (Rex-Goliath wine found at Wal-Mart) and eating a 2 egg omlette courtesy of Big Red while catching up on posts![​IMG] I Love pets that make me meals!!!!

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Quote:For kids in 4h it is the 6-9. And I belive someone already posted the open show. I will have chickens up at the state fair.

5. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Bradselig, uh, no thanks. I don't need that type of exam equipment around here, but Old Salt may find it useful.

6. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
    Well now I feel bad! I clipped wings tonight and guess what!?! They can still get over the fence!!! Guess I'll have to tell my hubby he's going to have to spend more $$ on the chickens :( I saw bradseligs post about the netting but unfortunately with the square footage I have it still isn't going to be cheap.

7. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey Brad we may be interested in your exam stuff for our alpacas. Do you have any hens available right now?? .......Also does anyone know why my EE hen would be holding her wings out and panting in 70 degree weather?

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Lowes also sells it in rolls of 7'x100'. I think it's around $12 for it.

just let me know. I would be happy to show you how to do it! I don't have any hens available. I've actually gotten my flock down to where I want it. I may have a few silkies available in a couple months, but that's about it. Let me know on the exam stuff.

ohh come on! It's so much fun playing with poop!

9. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    State Fair starts tomorrow! The rabbits take over the chicken/rabbit barn first. We're heading to Indy tomorrow for the 4-H rabbit competitions. There will also be a "sampling" of some chickens/roos on display this weekend as well as incubators with eggs hatching. It was at the state fair where Chloe first fell in love with the tiny quail chicks & decided she had to have some. I think she's gotten close to 50 eggs now since they started laying a couple weeks ago!

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    The EE pullet I got from Brad has started laying. SHe has laid 2 eggs. They are a really really light brown/ cream color. I collected one egg from the day before. she went back in and laid an egg. I got it out. Of course she was singing her egg song. I literally just got the egg out, she goes back in lays down get back up and keeps on singing. She keep doing this. I was like you little faker you just layed an egg. I think she thought it was funny because I would go back and check each time she got up, because I knew there was no way she laid another egg since she had just layed one. I think she jsut like to hear herself. She sand for and 1 1/2 hrs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by