INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Kiniska

Kiniska Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2012
    English, Indiana
    Orps do lay light brown eggs. Kind of a creamy color.

2. DarthLayer

DarthLayer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2013
    Indiana
    I just looked into my incubator and one of the eggs moved! One of the most exciting moments of my life right there. That egg definitely reassured me that I was incubating right... so far. Do you think it might start hatching tomorrow? Or was it still positioning itself? Tomorrow is day 20

3. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

I think my question got lost in my comment to Bradselig. Does anyone know why a hen would act hot in 70 degree weather. My EE had her wings out and was panting this evening in the breeze with the other chickens who were fine. Is there anything other than heat that would cause that?

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Ok, thats what I thought, but I wasnt sure

5. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello all - would it be ok to join in with the Indiana group? Lived in the Hoosier state (Waterloo/Auburn)from 1995 to 2004, although i currently reside in the mitten

6. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Of course! It's quite a coincidence since one of our members was not smitten with her recent trip to the mitten state. We do allow members to vent -- nicely. haha I've always liked Michigan-- in the summertime. There are members of this thread who live very close to Michigan. This Indiana thread is very friendly and helpful. Feel free to ask anything-- we have every type from newbies to experts. Photos are always welcomed and we like to brag about our other pets, too. Do you have chickens now or are you thinking of getting some?

7. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I thought it was coincidence too lol! I think I was being nice lol. How is violet doing?

8. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Best wishes for your artoo for a speedy recovery, they are sweethearts. I will ad this to the "Vets list", I think this will be the first one!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  9. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Aww thats too cute!

Thats great news! Will she be hatching also? I am worried my first group is all roos, today would be 8 weeks old on them, and not an egg yet [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I twas funny. I watched her for like 20 mins. I kept calling her a faker but she didnt care lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by