INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    He is just gorgeous! I have never seen one with those markings. Is he the only one of your EEs like that? So sorry to hear about your loss. Loose dogs and their irresponsible owners are a pet peeve on this thread. Many members have lost chickens, etc. from dog attacks. We're dog lovers, but not fans of careless owners.

2. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2013
    Rockville, Indiana
    Just put a dozen Cream Legbar eggs in the incubator yesterday!!! I love hatching eggs, but this time its even more exciting knowing they are CL's. Been wanting some for a while now. Picked up the eggs in TN on Tuesday from Chris Mullins, of Mullins Chicken Ranch. It worked out well that my dad and I were going down to Dale Hollow for a few days to fish. Only had to drive 45 minutes to pick up the eggs. Now for the long 21 days.......

3. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Here are the other EEs : (Marshmallow Peep, 2-Tone, Hawkie, & Bratty (rip))

[​IMG]

4. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    Knowing Chloe, yes, I'm sure she'd love to hatch her own eggs, but we do not have an incubator right now. The first 6 chicks she got are still together in their coop so I'm guessing those eggs are fertile and could be hatched. Of the 24 total chicks she got from Brad I think over half are girls. I think she said she got 11 eggs yesterday & some of them are just now starting to lay. She's made them scrambled & over easy on the stove & we also used the steaming method to make hard boiled eggs. I have a feeling when we get back from Indy late Sunday night she will have a pile of eggs waiting for her!

5. PeacefulWalls

PeacefulWalls Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2013
    Goshen, Indiana
    He's very pretty...I mean, handsome!

6. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Iamfivewire- welcome! And your girls and boy are very pretty!!;)

7. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Indianadave- you should be picked up more eggs since several of us are want some Cl's!!!! Could've paid for your trip!!!

8. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana
  9. animallover2202

animallover2202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2012
    Buck Creek IN
    My phone works again lol

10. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks ladies. She seems okay today. It probably was gus chasing her around. She hasnt layed since she got here so I was worried about her being egg bound. She is eating and drinking fine. She wouldnt come out for scratch the other day but I think she is just on the bottomof the pecking order. Im going to get my blue cochin roo back today. Im hoping it will chill gus out. He was fine with more boys in the flock and now that he is the lone roo he has been almost stressed. Too much responsibility maybe. Any advice on integration for a new cockeral? They were raised together for the first couple of months before he went to his new home and neither have spurs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by