INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. danand

danand Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Westport In
    Crafty- email him and see if he has more to post. We've had good luck doing business that way!

2. vickichicki

vickichicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Could always send him a message on eBay. Might have more available.

3. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
  4. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    He typically always posts the on Friday or Saturday evenings or a 2 day or 1 day auction. But as others said, you could message him on eBay.

5. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Haha yea I browse there but they are the high rollers in the chicken world! Lol. I haven't bid on anything on there yet, but if I find an auction for pullet ccl or Rhodebars, ill probably go for them.

6. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    For anyone who might be interested and of course within reasonable distance.

I have a few left over wooden crates from the green beans we buy. The are not super sturdy and made out of balsa wood, but they would work for transporting a chicken or two. The picture is on my phone so I will try to post it here later. I think they measured 18 x 12, did not measure height as I forgot (Doh!) but it is approx. 12".
    They were strong enough to hold a bushel of green beans and they have air holes and a swing open lid.

7. vickichicki

Sep 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    [​IMG]

8. Thunder Chicken

Thunder Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I used a cardboard box to bring the EEs home. I would be interested in the crates if nobody else wants them. Put me at the end of the line though since I don't really need them right away. It seems like it would be a better option for the next time I move some birds around. Nice of you to offer them.

9. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Our first two eggs are double yolkers! Same hen. These are her first eggs too! lol

10. julie0477

julie0477 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2013
    Brown County, Indiana
    My silkie girl seems to be practicing her broodiness. She sits on a nest she made herself in a corner of my backyard about four hours every night til I pick her up and put her in the coop. Her spot is hidden but I don't want to risk leaving her out over night. I've tried moving her with a couple golf balls to a safe spot but she never goes for it. I'm holding eggs back every day just because I'm
    Anxious and excited but not sure how it's going to work out! Patience my young sky walker.... :)

Too Fast - I LOVE your coop and run. So pretty.

Vickichicki - your roo is out and has made himself right at home. He has - uh acquainted himself with I think every single pullet but he knows to leave my main roosters hens alone. He and my buff Brahma roo got into it once and that was it. He lets my daughters carry him around the yard. They call him Prince :). Cute little guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by