INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    Yes the hawks. We have a lot of them flying around here. And the huge great horned owls. We do have the very secure roof over the run, the girls sleep outside 95% and I have no worries.

The coop/run is in the area we've had the veggie garden the last 15 years, nothing there now but the coop and some sugar baby watermellons that the chickens have not found out about (yet).

2. browncow15

browncow15 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Indiana

Mmmm love the double yolkers! We've had 4 or 5 since my girls started laying.

Vickichickie was it you that had the boxes? If so I'd be interested in a couple.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  3. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Donuts are the best! My dad had almost and has gotten tickets doing donuts in town doing donuts.

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    sledding is fun too. I usually go sledding in warren at the old school.

5. Quinstar

Quinstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Oh, beware the monster that is the Aby... though they do steal your heart. Naughtiest cats ever! We are on our second right now. My first was a female and sweet as can be, but she loved to drag our socks all over the house. Every night we would pick up at least 5-10 socks she had scattered across the house.

Our male, Archimedes is an @hole. I love him to death, but wow is he something else. It's a good thing he's so pretty. He is constantly on the counters and loves to knock things off of them or eat whatever food may be available. We've not found anything that will deter him... but then he decides to cuddle and my heart melts. They are extremely active as well and constantly in your business. All that being said, they are my breed, and we'll always have one. You just can't beat their personalities.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL cat !! Everyone has such gorgeous cats !!

7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    Beautiful! Your male sounds just like my current cat, Sigmund. He was a shelter rescue that came into the vets I worked at for an URI. He acts more like a dog. Friendliest cat ive met. But he is a counter surfer, chews on anything he can, begs for food more than the dogs, etc. But wouldn't trade him for anything. Do you breed them? Here is my

8. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    [​IMG]here is my cat Sigmund

9. Crafty chick

Crafty chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2012
    Pierceton, Indiana
    ha, he looks like he owns the place Brad!

10. Quinstar

Quinstar Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Indiana
    Look at that belly!!! So sweet! I don't breed them, there is just way to much involved with that and I would never have time for it. I don't mind paying someone else to do the dirty work. ;) My first was actually my dads. He came across her in a pet store and fell in love with her. She ended up being WAY to active for him so he gave her to me. Hands down best can we've ever had. She played fetch, would go on walks with us and the dog, and preferred to sit on your shoulders. Sigmund and Archimedes would get a long I think. They even have similar sitting positions.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by