INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. iamfivewire

iamfivewire Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's our tiny cat (18 lbs) , or he thinks he's still little . . . .

[​IMG]

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    How does everyone get there animals to hold still pictures! None of mine will. My chickens, cat, dog, goat, none of them. I am lucky if I can get my cactus to hold still lol!

3. iamfivewire

id guess about one out of ten pictures i take of or pets turn out decent. the chickens are very difficult to get a decent snapshot

4. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I take like literally 100 pics and am lucky to get 2 good ones lol! Maybe I am just a crappy photograher. Who am I kidding I am lol.

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    BTW he is very pretty. What is his name?

6. racinchickins

racinchickins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2013
    Mooresville IN
    I get my feed from Rural King in Martinsville. Since I have Turkeys and Chickens together, I get the All Flock pellets and supplement oyster shell in a seperate feeder. But I have been wanting to try to get away from the processed feed. The problem has always been that to get a custom mix from a feed mill, you need to buy lots of feed at one time. I am wondering, though that since there are so many of us in the Indianapolis vicinity, if maybe we couldn't combine together to get a custom mix? Just a thought.

Also, as I sit here typing, I can hear the coyotes howling in our field. It always makes me go out to make sure the coop is shut up tight. I also keep the window open in our bedroom, hoping to hear the joyful sound of a coyote meeting my electric poultry netting nose first. Haven't heard it yet. And I know the netting is working, because I backed into it this evening. Lit me right up!

7. bradselig

bradselig Overrun With Chickens

Apr 29, 2012
    Warren, IN
    I get the best pictures when it's not planned.
    Walked into the living and snapped this with my cell phone.
    [​IMG]
    Sitting across the room and saw this
    [​IMG]
    Watching tv and looked up to find this
    [​IMG]

If I try to get good pictures and stage it, they never turn out. But just keeping my cellphone handy I'm able to get better pictures

8. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    First of all, re my earlier post~ I didn't mean to down abrupt when I suggested a Northern-based get together at a State Park, but said I would not be in charge. I actually was interrupted while I was posting and meant to add that I would be happy to help with anything needed -- I just didn't want to be in charge. [​IMG]

OK, now forgive me for all of the following cat photos . . .

Tiger showed up on our back deck around eight years ago when he was about six months old. The intriguing thing was that he constantly followed our oldest, grumpiest gray tom cat named Tom-- yet another pet with an unimaginative name. Anyway, Tom was kinda like Old Salt. Even though he scowled a lot and acted tough, he was actually kind and looked out for Tiger. Tiger always had to stay a few feet away, but he idolized Tom. A few years later, Tom had to be put to sleep.
    Originally Posted by CCCCCCCCHICKENS [​IMG]
    Counting all the cats I have had in the past I think I have only ever bought 3. All others were strays, rescues, or people that were going to drop them off in the country or take them to the pound if they didnt find a home. My favorite cat I had was a siamese.

We had a Siamese named Bostwick, but he had to be put to sleep a year ago at age 10. He was very sweet and had such plush fur, but his loud voice was annoying! I'm glad I had him, but I wouldn't want another.

[​IMG]
    This is yet another former cat of ours named Bella. She had to be put to sleep at an old age, but it wasn't because of over-dosing on catnip! We grow our own. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. iamfivewire

His official name is Rusty - but many nicknames: woostie, rooster, little kittie, squeekie, doofy, boat anchor, etc.....
    his daddy looked to be a Maine Coon mix - He got the size & his sister got more of the mane

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I didnt know If you got a custom mix you had to get a minimum amount of feed. At the feed mill I go too, ocassionally I have them mix for them. But my dad and I have known them for years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by