INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by jchny2000, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Mother2Hens

Mother2Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Do you want to be listed on the BYC Indiana Members’ List?
    “Being a member of this thread” just means adding your screen name and flock info, which can be helpful because the list is a spreadsheet format that lets you sort the list by breed, county, or other category. It’s an easy way to find other members who have the same breed you have or who live in a nearby county, etc.

Click on the link below my signature to view the list. Just look at the bottom of the list page for sorting options.

If you’d like to be added, send me a PM (personal message) by simply placing your cursor over my screen name: Mother2Hens, and you will see “Send a PM.” A personal message ensures that your info is added. Please send your screen name, county, and city. Also include the following information about each member of your flock: List each species (chicken, duck, etc.), breed (Barred Rock, etc.), is it a LF (Large Fowl) or Bantam? Quinstar (Erin) actually adds the info, so you can PM her directly, too-- whatever is the easiest for you. if you have any questions about this thread, please PM Jchny2000 (Janet) who is the founder (thread starter) of this group.

Indiana County Map for instant member location
    If anyone would like a map of your county, like the one on my avatar, I will be happy to provide one. If someone wants a combo map and a chicken or an animal for your avatar, I can put that together for you, just PM me. When I read posts, many times I think “Now where are they from?” I look at the city and still have no idea what part of the state they’re from. The map icon with the county in red because you could quickly glance and see where the member who is posting is from. These avatars are not required-- they are just a free service if you’re interested.

If members would like me to change the photo(s) on their avatars, just PM me. Someone might have a picture of a chick that has grown into a hen (or a roo!) and would like to update the photo or someone might like something totally different.

BYC Indiana Google Map
    Cluck Acres (Curtis) set up a Google Map for just us INDIANA BYC’ers. You must first log on to your Google account or make a Google account. (If you have gmail, just use your gmail password). All you have to do is go to this link....http://goo.gl/maps/UShV6 . Here are the directions. You will see the state of Indiana.. Zoom in to where you live and then click on the red button that says Edit. After you click Edit you will see a hand, blue pin point and a zig zag line on the map. Click the pin point and drag it to where you live on the map. After you have placed your pin point then click on it and you can edit your description by adding your county. If you want to change your blue pin point to another icon or upload your own then up on the right of that box click the pin point icon and choose others or upload your own icon. If anyone has problems with this feel free to ask.

This information is submitted periodically by Mother2Hens

1 person likes this.
  2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I have sort of long story to tell. My dog got pregnant which I was not very happy about, but it wasnt her fault another dog got loose.Inever wanted her to have puppies and I was planning on getting her fixed later this year or next year (what bad luck I have). She is getting really big and looks like she is ready to pop. She is suppose to have them the 16th, but I dont think she is going to make it that long. I'm thinking she is going to have them this friday not next friday. She is just a mutt so is the dad. The dad is my moms dog, (as much as a hate admitt it he is a pretty good dog, I just said that because I am mad at him) he is very obedient, listens to commands. Chebby (my dog) Is a great dog. She is very friendly once she gets to know you. The only thing she listens too is follow and sit, she wont ever stay. Overall they are both great dogs. I am not going to keep any of the puppies. So I have to find homes for my babies babies. I am giving them away to good loving homes. I will post when she has them, but if you want to pm saying you are interested you are more than welcome. I will post pics of the pups too. I just really want to find good homes for them once they get here.

Here are some pics of Chebby. She is 2 in these pics she is now 3 1/2 and looks a little different. She is heavier now-not just because she is pregnant and I actually think her ears got shorter lol.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    All you need is one. Or if you are doing 2 breeds, you can divide the stall down the middle.

If you want to provide ability for them to go outside, you can make a ramp that goes up to the window and out. This saves you having to cut a hole in the barn siding. I saw a youtube of an enclosed wire ramp that went to the attic of a garage. Might take some patience and training to teach the birds to use something like that.

John

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  4. Old Salt 1945

Old Salt 1945 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2013
    Lebanon, IN
    Nail their feet to the floor.

John

5. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    My birds are going to have a ramp to get into the pasture. If mine are to dumb to use it then I guess they wont go outside lol. I just put the hanging waterers in there pen. None of them new what to do with it. I was telling my mom about it and how they hadnt figured it out yet. She said what if the die from thirst. I said if they are too dumb to figure it out I guess they will die. I just did that to see her face and It was pretty funny. I wouldnt really do that. I went out and the cochins had figured it out and by the end of the day they all had it down.

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Good idea! What length nail should I use? I have roofing nails, 2 in, and 3 1/4 in.

7. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    Got to make myself get busy on pictures. Sophie my lil doeling is so adorable to watch! Springing up in the air and dashing around the run, too precious.
    Bo my buck is adjusting to the bachelor life very well, he gets to be out all day, and has the 40ft livestock trailer to himself at night.
    I am tethering him off the 5th wheel hitch, and move the trailer every few days.
    My big geese came over to visit the baby goslings for a few minutes today. I put the goslings out in my dog kennel if its warm enough to get fresh air and sun.
    They are already 2 weeks old, and are just chubby little babies.
    One of the lil embden jumped into the water bucket (ice dream pail) so I better get another small kiddie pool this weekend! I just love when they are babies.
    Mama Goose, "WeeWee" was so excited! She got to go in the dog pen with them.
    She was doing the "waaaawaa" noise the goose make to goslings, and they were climbing and falling all over her.[​IMG]
    I will be so glad to have the goose pen up and put the electric fence on to keep the babies safe, Then WeeWee can raise them naturally.
    My RP turkey poults and 9 guinea chicks also joined the flock yesterday. They did very well, and all of them are following the Tom turkey like glue. I just love him.
    He is a super good dad. My turkey hen will actually cover the lil guineas like they are her own. She is also mothering the new 4 week old chicken chicks that went out this week too.
    I really need to name the Palms! They have joined the main flock, and both have stopped the fence pacing. I think they just felt "left out".

Still looking for cows, ugh! Lots of bottle babies out there but most are at least 1 1/2 hour drives. We may have to make the trip up around Ft. Wayne and get extra.
    The few neighbors I have close are wanting to raise cows, so we may chip in and make the trip. The cattle farmers near us want way too much for newborn calves.
    Most dairies offer the calves cheap, or free but you have to take a large amount (like 50, or as many as 100+) of calves at a moments notice. Yikes that's a lot of bottles [​IMG] !

8. jchny2000

jchny2000 Goslings are precious!

Jun 30, 2012
    Pendleton, Indiana, USA
    She looks so sweet! I wont be adding a dog until next spring at least, if ever... I bet you won't have a problem finding homes.
    Mix breed dogs are much happier, healthier dogs and usually have few health problems.

9. Too Fast

Too Fast Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis IN
    John is a little harsh. I usually use smaller 2 prong barbs, that way I can let them free without any blood after the photo shoot.

Racin, the 101x70 would sure store a lot of stuff! I think I need to bring some junk over for (permanent) storage. I'll even give you a dollar/month for rent. Or eggs. Need any eggs?
    And I think you've been listening to John a bit much, since he would enjoy both you and the coyotes getting zapped. I guess I'd think it's funny too!

10. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Good I idea too! I think I will use nails for the roosters though lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by